Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Thursday, March 31, 2005

I Did Something Cool Today

Um, no, it's not knitting related.

I'm sure you're just shocked!

When I changed my blog name from "Tongue-Tied Muse" to "Concateknit" I posted a poem of mine. I mentioned that I've been writing poetry for a long time, and when I posted the poem, I thought long and hard about posting one of my poems as a regular feature. But see, this isn't a poetry blog, and I really don't want it to be, so I just posted that one poem and went along my bloggy way.

Well, I've gone and done something cool, and I just want to share it with you.

But first - some shout outs.

To K, for bringing the cool thing to my attention and suggesting I submit to it.
To Mike, for telling me that he thinks I have an impressive body of work (um, no, no double entendre intended)
To The Girls (which also includes Ms. Melanie even though she isn't in this picture), for not laughing at me at dinner this month when I told them my plans, and
To Wendy, for reading my cover letter this morning and being tremendously supportive and helpful.

Okay - here's what I did - I submitted, gulp, a manuscript of my poetry to Grub Street's Poetry Revision Fellowship 2005.

Oh yeah, baby. I'm *totally* freaked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you SO much to everyone who commented and emailed me about my near-smooshing. I have this fantastic image of irate knitters chasing down the stupid smoosher with needles flying. Dude. Sweet.

20 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Colleen said…

    So I see blogger is letting me comment today...

    That is sooooo cool! Best of luck, break a leg....hell I don't know, I just hope that you get the fellowship!

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    Sweet. Dude. You rock - a large gulp of courage and a big fat smack of good luck for you lady!

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Gracie said…

    Congrats! That is so so exciting!

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Amy Boogie said…

    awesome!!! I wish you all the luck!

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Amy Boogie said…

    awesome!!! I wish you all the luck!

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    How exciting!!! With your talent, I'm sure you don't need luck. But I'll keep my fingers (and toes!) crossed for you!!

    Nancy
    http://goteweinstitches.blogspot.com

     
  • At 4:55 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    Holy cow, I can comment! This must be good karma for you. Congrats on the submission, may it be fruitful because more people should sample your writing, it is divine.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger ErLeCa said…

    Congratulations for having the guts! It takes a lot of courage to do something like that!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger wrtrmaus said…

    Good for you for taking that first giant step. Best of luck on the outcome.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger --Deb said…

    Very cool, and yes, very scary . . . good luck!!

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Gypsymoth4 said…

    Elisa, that is so awesome. Good for you! Grub Street is a really respected community by and for writers. I write, too, (though not poetry) so I understand how intimidating it can be to finally share something so intimate. I wish you all the best!

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger maryse said…

    yay! good for you! i know how hard it is to put yourself out there. i once took a class there and it was scary for me because a couple of the instructors (and the founder) were poker buddies. what if they found out that i sucked! the horror!

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Jackie said…

    That is just fabulous!!! Girl, you kick ass. Way to go out and grab life by the cojones. ;)

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Colette said…

    That is very impressive - good luck with the fellowship!

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    application california home mortgage loan
    Information => application california home mortgage loan

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger golfing-girls said…

    You any good at golf? come and play with me tomorrow! get a tee time here best golf tee times and i'll see you on the first hold ;-)

    mandy

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so much fun to read alot of good info and you have also one of the best blogs !! Have some time check my link of wedding toast.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger GS said…

    Hey here is a site that actually gives away FREE tickets to Las Vegas shows. They have other useful information regarding Las Vegas getaways and Barbara and Frank tickets Check it out Barbara and Frank tickets

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger Balduci said…

    This site gives away FREE tickets to Las Vegas shows. They have other great Las Vegas stuff including info about mystere tickets Check it out mystere tickets

     
  • At 4:26 AM, Blogger www.k-and-ktreasures.com said…

    I just came across your blog about washington 1932 present and I think it is really informative for all of your members. You could consider visiting my site about washington 1932 present to guide your guests towards products and services related to washington 1932 present. Keep up the good work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines