Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Big Fun, Part I

Oh, my. I'm tired. I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

Here's the short (you know I'm lying, right?) version:

I picked Kim up from the airport. I gave her the Wavy scarf (of course, it was like 45 degrees, hardly scarf worthy) and then we headed off for Big Fun at my house with Mr. and Mrs. Bookish, Keiko, and Shannon of the Very Bad Sweater. Keiko brought A TON of amazing food (this is not to lessen the amazing fantasticality of Mr. and Mrs. Bookish or Shannon, but if you were there then you just KNOW how amazed we all were when Keiko showed up with her George Foreman Grill), we (by we, I mean the girls) drank 4 bottles of wine, at some point it was 2am and everyone either went home or to sleep, I spent some time with the porcelain god, and when Kim, Mike and I woke up the next morning, we fortified ourselves with coffee and bagels and headed off for Big Fun, Part II.

Alright, considering how long it took me to cobble together Part I, I think I'll have to bring you parts II, III, and IV later in the week. I hope you'll stay tuned for the continuing Big Fun Chronicles. Just know that although I'm tired, and although there's been relative blog-silence here at Chez Concateknit, I hope to be back to my regular bloggy self soon. Very, very soon.

Oh - did I mention I had lunch with some fabulous and amazing bloggers today? In my own little caf no less.

Oh yeah, life's pretty good.

*yawn*

11 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    That's a lot of damn wine - no wonder I don't remember going to sleep. I suppose that's one way to kick the flu in the head!

    But are there pictures of the Big Fun?!

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger ErLeCa said…

    You've just confirmed my suspicion that when George Foreman grills are involved it's sure to be a good time!

    Can't wait for Big Fun Part II, III and IV!

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Jackie said…

    HoooHOOO! Sounds like good times - can't wait to read the other parts :) Sometimes, the porcelain god demands homage, when you least expect it. I, myself, found myself kneeling (and narrowly escaping his cruel extrications) no less than twice in the past week.

    I've missed reading you (pot kettle and all) glad that you're back!

    Jackie

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Knittens said…

    It really sounds like you had a great time!

    I can totally relate to be MIA from the blogger world. Don't worry, we all go through it and we all understand! We do miss you though and look forward to hearing from you some more!! (and i promise ill post some more)

    BTW, thanks so much for the Santa Cruz info. We went to all the places you suggested and had an amazing time!

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger um said…

    hi elisa! i'm glad that part i was so much fun, and i can't wait to read the future installments!

    i'm so looking forward to your stay here! it gets closer each day. woohoo!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Knittens said…

    Hi, Its me again :)
    It wouldnt let me post under "big fun, part II" so I decided it would be better to post here again (rather than not at all)

    "Big Fun, Part II" really got me thinking about (and missing) boston. I must admit, I've been to that Jordans. I got my furniture at that Jordans. The big purple swirly couch and chair are the reasons why my butt is bigger than id like to admit.

    Oooh and it had me thinking, again, of portsmouth. I miss it so much. Wadda yah say - my hubby and I come up over the summer and you and I go to all the yarn shops in boston - head over to portsmouth, grab some grilled cheese (with tomatoes and mushrooms, please - dont forget the ketchup) and go to *more* yarn shops. we can then go to bread and circus, its a wrap, elephant wok, and brown sugar (the list of things i miss the most... hmmm - all involving food - i think i see why you ate your way through the weekend!)

    Ok, this book of a comment is over. I know you had a blast! (and yes, she has amazing hair)

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Anonymous advice said…

    Hey everyone! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the technology jobs are endless. Maybe I will have a better directmatch searching for human resources
    since my keyword "customer care jobs" did not fit as intended.
    Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Anonymous match maker said…

    Hey everyone! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the technology jobs are endless. Maybe I will have a better directmatch searching for human resources
    since my keyword "customer care jobs" did not fit as intended.
    Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous gps navigation said…

    As you may not know, Millennium Plus is a mobile tracking device, stealthily secured inside a vehicle, that enables you to monitor and control many vehicle features. Employing a constellation of satellites, and patented microburst technology - you interface with your vehicle anytime via the Internet, or access reporting and alert functions by email, cell phone, or pager gps systems,google gps,www.gpsglobal1.net,www.gpsglobal1.com,
    car gps,gps navigation system,handheld gps,
    gps reviews,gps maps,gps navigation,cell phone gps,gps tracking,gps software,gps units,bluetooth gps,

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Anonymous dating service said…

    John, hope all is well with your" legal jobs" search.
    Maybe you can find looking for "careers" at www.directmatch4free.com
    Just make sure you come back to this site to let us know how you are doing!

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Anonymous dating said…

    John, hope all is well with your" legal jobs" search.
    Maybe you can find looking for "careers" at www.directmatch4free.com
    Just make sure you come back to this site to let us know how you are doing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines