Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Monday, March 07, 2005

All Hands on Deck!

Or, Kim will be here next Friday and she doesn't own a scarf.

Obviously, that is a situation that can not stand. I was trying to explain what The Teens feel like, but it's hard to wrap your mind around that kind of cold when you've grown up in Northern California. Believe me, I know.

Naturally, I felt that the best way to prepare for Kim's upcoming visit to the Land of Cold was to knit her a scarf. She requested blue and I got to work:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
That's about a third of a Wavy scarf, and right on schedule. Weekend days require completion of one full repeat, but I'm easier on myself during the week, and only have to complete a quarter of a repeat. This scarf will be ready and waiting for my dearest Kim when she arrives.

psst...did you notice the pillow sham in the background of the scarf picture? yeah - well, that sham, plus the matching duvet, a down comforter and a 600 thread count sheet set came to live at my house yesterday. needless to say, it was hard to get out of bed this morning.

Mike and I also bought something Very Grown Up this weekend. We bought a vacuum cleaner:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My grown up response to my grown up purchase? I said to Mike: If I were a household appliance, I'd marry that vacuum cleaner.

So in the midst of all my February madness, y'know, having to think a lot of stuff, I forgot to tell you something pretty cool-

I'm going to the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. It's official. I've bought the tickets and reserved my rental car.

It's cool that I'm going to the festival for many reasons, but the coolest reason is that I'm staying with two of the Coolest.Bloggers.Ever. Do you know that the fact that I've never actually met either of these two people doesn't seem strange to me at all? I've always been one to trust my intuition, and this situation is no exception. Both Michelle and Lauren are simply terrific people (you've read their blogs - there's no doubting their terrificality) and I just feel LUCKY to have the opportunity to spend some quality time with each of them. Yay!

Speaking of terrific people who happen to be bloggers, one of them celebrated her birthday last week. And I mean, celebrated it ALL of last week. I was lucky enough to get in on some of the birthday fun, which meant spending another terrific evening with Mr. and Mrs. Bookish, Ms. (soon to be Mrs, tee hee) Project, Mrs. Melanoma, and Mrs. Yarnpants. Fuckin' A. You can imagine how much fun that was. Okay, well you can try to imagine how much fun it was, and then triple it.

You bloggers are just too cool.

13 Comments:

  • At 1:38 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    Hi Elisa - I'm planning to be at the MD S&W Fest too! Perhaps we can connect - I can't wait. My first S&W Fest, the chance to meet some bloggers that I already feel like I know - woo hoo! Fun for All!

     
  • At 2:37 AM, Blogger froggyknits.com said…

    lovin' the wavy and what a soft bed that must be. and so cool you'll be a md s&w. take care!

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Freecia said…

    Looooovely Wavy scarf! My notion of The Teens (as a fellow north california native) is under at least two down blankets or several several layers, scarf-eskimo, hat, gloves and down jacket. Possibly also long underwear. This is also my notion of The Fourties and Fifties.

    And your new housemates? I'd have invited them to live with me, too. As my boyfriend knows, I get obsessive/territorial about bed coverings, especially those of the super fantastic type (as The Manolo would say http://manoloshoes.blogspot.com/) so I will retain some dignity and not mentally wallow in your nicely made bed. But I want to. I will resist.

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    That bedding looks sumptuously divine, and that is one sexy appliance you got yourself. When we got our current one, I of course approved the purchase, but prefer not to do any of the cleaning myself (husband does it). But once, I was home with a couple of friends who were helping me get ready for a party, and I went to vaccum...and I couldn't figure out how it worked. Woops!

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    You are excited? I am ECSTATIC! I am using your visit as an excuse to totally redo my basement :)

    Lovin' the Wavy--and the new vacuum rocks. We got a new one last year (a Dyson) and we still love it so much.

    Hope you have a great time with Kim on her visit!

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger ErLeCa said…

    Ok, it's official! I'm so totally jealous that you get to not only go to one of the greatest fiber festivals around, you also get to spend it with Lauren and Michelle!!!! It's about now when I start to wish I still lived in Maryland....

    Wavy looks awesome by the way!

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Waaah! I wanna go to the festival and hang out with you guys!! sniff!! (I *hate* school).

    If you aren't too over it and decide to go again next year, I'm there!

    By the way, try to imagine the Teens when you're from Arizona. I truly thought I was going to die!

    Nancy
    http://goteweinstitches.blogspot.com

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger um said…

    hello there girlicious! i'm so excited for you to come and stay. although now i see that you do know what a vacuum is, so i have no excuse to not clean up with one myself. i was hoping maybe you hadn't heard of those things and wouldn't notice my crummy floors :D

    wavy looks awesome! you're a sweet friend to do that for kim. have fun counting down the days till she comes! i hope you have a great time!

    and to throw in a few more exclamation marks, i'll say some random things! pickles! charmin! lion king! clock! clamshell!

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Amie said…

    Would you believe there is an in-depth conversation on KR right now about vaccuums? (I, too, am a Dyson fan)

    I can't wait to give you a HUGE hug at MD S&W!!! If you need an extra place to stay, let me know....

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    9 days and counting! I am loving that scarf and I can't wait to try it on! I am trying to ready myself for the cold, but it's really hard when it's in the mid 70's here. I can't even find closed toe shoes anywhere!!! I am also really looking forward to meeting your friends when I get there. I'm going to have to learn to knit on the plane ;-)

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger NKTN said…

    Elisa,
    Todays mail brought your SWEET RAOK, and I really appreciate it.
    I also apologize for my public thank you @ the group, I typo'd Elsa instead of Elisa!
    Thanks SO much!
    Noreen
    Noreen's Knit*che
    http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us/

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Esther said…

    Your Wavy is Great! What a great first scarf to give someone :)
    I am hoping to go to MD Sheep and all things Wooly as well, it will be knit blogger heaven :)

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Esther said…

    Your Wavy is Great! What a great first scarf to give someone :)
    I am hoping to go to MD Sheep and all things Wooly as well, it will be knit blogger heaven :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines