Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Saturday, February 19, 2005

We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Program

To bring you three Very Important Updates:

One: Good Hair



The side view:


I have rectified the Bad Hair Situation by replacing the Bad with Good. I went to Portsmouth, NH today and had a wonderful stylist named Jill fix the badness that has been living on top of my head, causing me great trauma, making me feel like an unpretty kitty.

Believe me ladies, this is Big News at Chez Concateknit.

Two: Stash


The yarn? 50% off. I'll be making Lara from the Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk book for $40. Yesterday, I bought the 10 balls of yarn that were available, and in a purely flogical moment, I thought "10 balls is enough to make this sweater. I can definitely make a sweater for 10 balls of yarn". Um - sure. You know why that was flogical, right? It's flogical because I really just thought 10 balls = enough to make a sweater, without any thought at all to how many yards were in each ball. Luckily I was right - but it was dumb luck. Oh, the yarn is Sable, which is a 70% merino, 30% angora blend. Sweet, no?


Bearfoot by Mountain Colors. Sweet merciful Mary, there was no way I was getting out of the LYS without this. It makes me Very Happy. It all comes back to sock yarn, baby. It really does.

Three: Well-Behaved Muffins Make Beautiful Socks


I really love working with the Koigu KPPPM. It's feels great, and it works up into the most beautiful fabric ever. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if I was yarn, I'd marry some Koigu KPPPM.

Tomorrow I'll starting thinking things again. Promise.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger froggyknits.com said…

    your hair looks fantastic! and great yarn. i just cast on for lara too.

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Blogger will finally let me comment. Yay! (Blogger and I are having some relationship issues from my computer at work, hence the lack of commenting lately, but I'm at home right now and it's working).

    Anyhoo... I have to say that I'm lovin' the new do! Also, I told my hubby about flogic last night and he said that he could definitely think of a few (ok, he said lots) of times that I've used flogic. I'm thinking we should keep this term a secret from all other men :-)

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Yippee, I can comment :) The hair looks hot :) I love the color, baby!

    Oh my, you picked up some goodies! I lurve the pink yarn--Lara is a very pretty sweater, can't wait to see it take shape you on you, Miss E. I know it will be a beauty!

    I have yet to knit with Koigu KPPPM, and since you say you are going to marry it, I think I should pick some up :)

    Did you get my email??

    Hope the weekend is going well! *heart heart*

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Allena said…

    pretty pretty yarn! and your hair is georgous!!! i'm glad you got it fixed!(though i don't know what it looked like before) i hope you feel pretty! it's alway best to feel prettyhappy knitting!

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Colette said…

    Love your hair - the cut and color are fantastic!

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger um said…

    have i told you lately that i love you?

    thank you so much for that beautiful jaeger yarn you sent me! it's gorgeous! i love the color. and such sweet little bathy beads. gabe thought they were candy :p thanks! you didn't have to do that. i appreciate it!

    your hair looks awesome. i didn't think it looked bad before! what was bugging you about it?

    lara is a great sweater. i'm glad your so-called "dumb luck" wasn't so dumb! you probably just have this yarn sense where you don't need to calculate yardage and crap like that.

    beautiful socks!

    thanks again, lovebug! *hug*

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger alison said…

    Hey there! Love that Lara jacket. It'll be beautiful in that purple yarn. And more Koigu... yummmmm!

    Neat blog you've got here. The titles of your posts are so funny and your blog title is the best!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines