Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Sunday, February 06, 2005

National Elisa Thinks Today is Patriots Day

You WILL be watching the Super Bowl this evening, right?

I just want to say that, no matter what happens, I think the New England Patriots are an amazing team. They run onto the field together, they don't talk smack about opposing teams, they are humble when others talk about the Patriots being a dynasty, and oh, they've won two Super Bowls in the past three years and they finished the season 14-2.

The fact that Tom Brady is a native Northern California boy doesn't hurt, either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Other News:

You know that I have a new job. You know that it's a Big Girl Job. Well, it's a new Big Girl Job that I L.O.V.E. It isn't an easy job, in fact, it's a very hard job and it is going to keep me very busy. I'll probably have to bring work home from time to time, and for that, I need some kind of item that will transport work from my office to my house. No, now is not the time to remind me that I have a closet full of the kinds of items I am talking about because I will laugh in your face. I will categorically deny that any such appropriate item actually lives at my house.

Or at least, I would have said that until I brought this choice little baby home:


Can you hear me giggling?

I know that I seem to be pretty happy, but you see, as a result of having a new job that I love, I'm having nightmares that involve being made to go back to my old job. Let's just say that my new little Coach item helps me close the door on the old job. I mean, the old job was so un-Coach-worthy. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In knitting news, let me show you my back:


The back of my Ribby Cardi, that is.

I finished the back while Mike and I were in New Hampshire this weekend, and am about 4" into the left front of the cardigan. I still enjoy knitting this as much as I did when I first CO for it, and I am much less nervous about the seaming and finishing since I was able to conquer, ahem, subjugate, ehm, finish the Very Bad Sweater.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Blogging News:

I'd like to apologize for the posting fiasco that was Friday. Our internet connectivity has been terrible and we had a repairman out Friday afternoon to unbreak the Internet for us. He was successful, but as soon as the Internet stopped being stupid and broken, Blogger went wonky and would not let me post. Finally, after some hair pulling, swear-word inducing, anxiety raising minutes, Blogger showed that I had posted successfully and I shut down my computer and ran out the door (just so I could sit in traffic, of course).

This afternoon, when I got home and pulled up my blog, I saw that I had successfully posted not once, but five times on Friday. Sigh.

Go Pats!

11 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger um said…

    oh, you mean the five posts were an error? i thought you were just being really emphatic.

    :p

    i hear that our mayor has a deal with the mayor of lancaster, mass - if we win (we meaning philly) the super bowl, we get an apple pie and some baked beans. if you win (you meaning NE), you get a shoofly pie and i forget what else. i hope for the mayor of lancaster, mass's sake that we win. ain't no one winning when they eat shoofly pie. blech.

    nice ribby cardi! i'm glad you're still enjoying it, too. those longer projects can be a little pesky!

    have a good week coachin' it :)

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    All I'm sayin' is

    YAY PATRIOTS!!!

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Congrats to your Pats :) I was not really rooting for either... but DH was for the Eagles. Truth is, it was a little boring--glad I had my knitting to keep me entertained.

    I am so glad to hear that you like your new job. That is SO important... and you don't really realize it till you have a god-awful job to compare it to :P

    Wishing you a great week, sweety!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger melanie said…

    That is one *fabulous* bag! I am so jealous that you have a job worthy of such a bag. And yes, I did mean that you were an adorable bundle of neuroses in the Best Possible Way.

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Gracie said…

    Love love love the Coach bag! It is going to make work a lot easier when you have something cute to bring it home in.

    The Ribby Cardi looks great.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    The real question for me? Is my job Coach worthy? Hmmm, an interesting measure of success I would say. And likely to end with a hole in your pocket book.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    I am not a Patriots fan...but did oh so enjoy watching the ever so HOT Tom Brady. He was so worth watching every minute of the SuperBowl. My hubby was watching ESPN this morning, which I usually block out, that is until I saw Tom. OK enough already.
    Your black bag is awesome...a definite must have for the new job! And the Ribbi looks grand. I've got my eye on making one of those myself!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    Sweetie, thank you so much for your comment :) I will definitely hug Eric for you, and I can't wait to see you all on Wednesday. I also can't wait to see your Coach bag! It look gorgeous, but I am sure that the picture is a pale reflection of its reality.

    Oh, and as always, I'm floored by how much knitting you get done. How do you do it??

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Congrats to your Patriots (though I was hoping for the Eagles, what with the whole Steelers thing and all ;) )

    Lovely bag! Congratulations on the new job!

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your Ribby cardi is so pretty. I just LOVE cardi's. Can't wait to see more of your progress!

    Are you going to MD S&W?

    Eilene
    http://eiknit.typepad.com

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well! In your recent email it sounded like you really didn't expect to have a job you loved. I am so happy for you that your job is so great! Here's to your shiny new job. *clinks glass*
    -Mandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines