Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Thursday, February 24, 2005

National Elisa Thinks February Kicked My Ass Day

That's right folks, I'm down for the count. It's the big KO. February finally kicked my ass.

I admit, I was pretty cocky. I thought I could just fly in the face of the February doldrums. I thought I could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee all the way around February, and that I'd be safely into March before February realized what a fool I'd made of it.

Ahem, not so. Best laid plans and all that.

So, here I am with no Flogic post for you (you'll get it tomorrow or Saturday at the very latest), wearing my sweats, and I've got tissue, the new Linda Barnes book, a very tall glass of water, a very drippy and sniffly nose, I've just started to watch Money Train on On Demand. It's one of their free movies - surprising, I know.

Oh, and today I'm the Queen of Sneezy Town. Wendy said I could be Queen of Funky Town, too if I wanted. That's cool with me. I'll take what I can get.

The bottom line is that I'm paying for my high-falutin' February Can't Get Me Down Hubris with a righteous February cold. Pfft.

On a positive note, Mike returns from a long(ish) business trip tomorrow evening and I am really looking forward to having him home. I've been lucky enough to have friends who don't mind coming over in the middle of the week to knit, eat, chat and share my ">chocolate, but it will be good to Have.Mike.Home.

No, I'm not a complete baby-pants when he's away - I took out the trash and killed a spider that wouldn't listen to reason.

Hey, you know what? I've seen Money Train before.

Sweet.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Did you pick up the spider too? That is the part I insist Daniel does.

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Spiders are yucky. They should all die. A vaccum cleaner with a long hose does the job nicely. No need to pick up the dead body (ICK!)

    Feel better soon!

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger ErLeCa said…

    Yep, I agree, killing spiders is not my cup of tea either, but you seemed to be able to hold your own in that situation! Hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger um said…

    awww, sorry girl. although i have to say, i kinda like getting colds. think of that sexy raspy voice you'll be able to dazzle miguel with when he gets back. unless you're all nose this time around, in which case, ew, that is a bummer.

    at any rate, i hope you feel better! get some naps in today and take care *hug*

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Nancy said…

    If I lived nearby I'd come by and make you some soup! (And maybe help myself to some of your chocolate while I happen to be there). In any case, I'm glad Mike will be home soon to help you feel better.

    Get lots of rest, drink plenty of fluids, watch as many reruns as you can, and get better soon!

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Gracie said…

    I'm so sorry you are sick! Rest so the cold doesn't get worse! You have a great excuse to stay home and knit all day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines