Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

A Long Time Coming

It’s been a long, arduous journey. At times, I didn’t think we’d make it. We went long periods without speaking to each other, and when we were speaking, well, sometimes it got ugly. I hung in there for the sake of our friends, and in the end, it was our friends that helped me to stay the course.

I was determined to work through all our remaining issues. We decided to get together on Sunday:



I required some fortification:



And a few hours later, with no little amount of swearing on each of our parts, we had reached a satisfactory resolution:



You’ve decided to move out and move on. I respect that. I’d say it’s about time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, welcome to:

National Elisa Thinks Getting Other People to do Stuff You Don’t Want to do is A Good Idea Day

There is a lot of stuff out there that seems interesting or just plain crazy, which you should try to get other people to do (or try) for you.

For example:

Ear Candling
Decorating one’s home with lots of “Helping Hands at Home” kinds of crafts (think macramé or ceramic ducks)
Eating strange parts of animals (sweet breads, anyone?)

This is of course only a very short list of the kinds of things you should try and get other people to do for you Why would you want someone else to try sweet breads, you ask? Well, because there is no way you’d eat them, right? I mean, EWW!

The point is not to embarrass or make fun of people, it is really just to get them to do things you don’t, or won’t, do yourself.

So, today, go out there and get other people to do stuff you don’t want to do. Try and convince them that it’ll be Fun if they write that report you don’t want to write. Convince someone that it’s in their Best Interest to have no fewer that 20 items with American flags decorating their homes*. Explain to someone why they should have 4 children so that you can be a Good Auntie. Tell your boyfriend that he should answer to the name Lashundra because it’s a nice name and you like it. Really, it’ll be Good For You.

*I’ve been trying to convince Caroline of this for years. Since she doesn’t seem to be rushing out to satisfy my needs, I’ve been helping her along, and have been able to purchase for her choice items like a ceramic cow, painted like an American flag but wearing a teeny tiny crown. This is Big Fun.

14 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    Hey, I have this great little cute hat project that I think would be *perfect* for you to work on. You've done color knitting right?

    (Let's see if this works.... ;)

    Jackie

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    So, you're over it? How was the ending. It looks pretty damn good if you ask me.

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Freecia said…

    It looks wonderful.

    BTW, I can sorta vouch for two of those. My dad had his ears candled and we just won't go into that except to say, evidently, it does work and yes, it still feels weird. And although I don't think I've eaten sweetmeats, I'm Chinese (American) and will eat most things people here in California find odd. Like... chicken feet (BTW, good, but possibly not something you'd be able to eat with your eyes open). I make others try longtime leftovers first. Usually a guy.

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Hey sweet lady! Love the red sweater! now we both have recently finished sweaters that we can sport about town :)

    This reminds me... I am going to tell DH to vaccuum...

     
  • At 12:32 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    E-

    If you think I'm gonna have another kid just so you can be a Good Auntie, you're NUTS! By the way, LOVE the sweater (wink - wink). So, now that you're really good at making them, you could knock another one out in like say, a month? Ok, I'll settle for some socks, but I do want something, anything knitted by you for my b-day. I'm gonna e-mail you pics of Megan and the twins in their adorable little hats!

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Lovely lovely red siren sweater! So pretty!


    Yes, yes I had success. I got the boyo to go out and get a bottle of the bubbly for my mini-knit nite!

    hurrah!

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger melanie said…

    FAB Red Sweater Dahling...but it's missing a body in it!

    I have some sleeves that I need to do on two circs, want to come down and do them for me??

    PuuuuhhhhLLLEEAZE?

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a coincidence, I did this today without knowing it was the official day to do so! A woman showed up at the general store with a box of border collie puppies that were adorable. I dragged my Admin outside and talked her into taking one home. (Lord knows *I* don't need a puppy). It felt great!
    Love the sweater, I'm impressed that you stuck with such a troublemaker.
    Enjoy your blog,
    Sue W

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Ok, potentially stupid question coming... what weird animal parts are in sweet bread? I kinda thought it was just dough. And, no, I wasn't talked into trying some. And, no, I wouldn't like some. Good try, though! ;-)

    Nancy
    http://goteweinstitches.blogspot.com

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Gracie said…

    So, does this mean that I can get someone to write my thesis for me?

    Love the sweater, it looks fab! Is it the one from Stitch N' Bitch?

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger ErLeCa said…

    Excellent sweater! I love the collar!

    Hmmm, I suddenly feel inspired to convince someone to do my work for me....

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous how to write a business letter said…

    Don't stop! This blog is informative This site has helped many people looking for: how to write a resume It's all there: how to write a resume

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous how to write a complaint letter said…

    One of the most interesting blogs around! If you're interested in how to write a thank you letter No more wondering how to write a thank you letter

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Anonymous how to write a grant said…

    Don't stop! This blog is informative Here's a subject that interests many: how to write a business proposal It's all there: how to write a business proposal

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines