Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Monday, January 10, 2005

Uh-oh, We're In Trouble

See?

Can you see my toes peeking through the fabric of these, some of my most favorite socks? I received these socks from my friend Caroline on my 26th birthday, the first birthday I celebrated in Boston. Every time I wear these socks, I think of Caroline.

Obviously, I think of Caroline a lot.

What's a girl to do who is about to lose one of her favorite pairs of socks, especially as it's winter, and her feet are always cold, and she hates, absolutely hates, boring socks?

I know...She should knit socks!

Above we see our (and by our I mean me and my feet) little FO, Socksy 1, leaping out of the sock drawer, ready to keep my tootsies toasty through these long winter days and nights.

No sooner had our little FO leapt from the sock drawer than he rushed to work:


With one foot still in danger in frost bite, Socksy I has advised me that I should stop blogging and trying to be clever and start knitting Socksy II.

Tune in next week (or maybe tomorrow, I've been a little, ahem, obsessed) to see if our naked foot gets clothed or if I have to wear raggedy socks forever...

8 Comments:

  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger Gracie said…

    Great job on the sock!! It looks fab!

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger froggyknits.com said…

    great sock. that's some cool yarn.

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Great sock, E! I need to start on my first one... :) I like the yarn you are using... very pretty. I too have had many of my favorite socks fall by the wayside--may they R.I.P... :(

    Take care, darling, and have a lovely Tuesday!

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger um said…

    yay! hooray for you and sock #1! best wishes for sock #2! they're way fun, are they not? your yarn is really cool and super socky.

    sorry about caroline's socks.

    (wouldn't that make a great title for a poem/song/short story/band?)

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    Holy cow, you are a quick little knitter!

    Rob was folding laundry the other day when he came into the room with a pair of my "socks". He looked at me, looked at the "socks" and said: Would you like me to throw these away for you? The "socks" are without heels. Zero, zippo, skin on air contact. Naturally I replied, No way! I luv them.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elisa, your 1st replacement sock looks great. Very pretty yarn! Your not having Second sock syndrome are you? Only kidding! :-)

    Happy knitting,
    Eilene
    http://eiknit.typepad.com

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Princess Papaya said…

    I love the sock! I'm so obsessed with socks and I love seeing other people start knitting them. I never did see the draw until I knit my first pair and I've always had some going since.

    :)
    Megan
    http://fruitychick.com

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Jeepers.
    I don't want you to hurt yourself or get knitter's elbow or anything, but I really do hope you get a jump on that other sock soon, toes can go from cold to freezing very quickly!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines