Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Thursday, January 06, 2005

I Think I Owe You Something

Part I: Randomness

I've made big with the talk about my crazy organized drawers and closets. I've been promising you pictures for a while now and in lieu of any interesting knitting content, I decided to finally put my camera where my linens are.

So, I opened some drawers and doors and here's what I have for you:


I started with one of the sideboard drawers in the dining room. Napkins, coasters, and cocktail accoutrement live in this drawer. My friends know that I ahem, enjoy martinis (Stoli dirty martinis, extra dirty, thanks), and so I've been given a few pretty stirrers over the years.

Then I moved to the kitchen:

Yes, they're alphabetized. No, I don't have a problem with that.

I made a little stop at the linen closet (are you excited yet?):


And then I thought it was time for a little trip to the t-shirt drawer in my dresser:

I have quite a few t-shirts with kitties on them. One says "Fierce" and the other says "French Kitty". No, I don't think it's strange to have my t-shirts organized by color and weight. I think it's quite practical, in fact.

At this point, Mike started looking for me, asking:

"What are you doing?"

Last, but not least, my handbags:


Part II: The rest of my clothes closet

Part III: The stash
Part IV: Who knows - maybe the pantry, maybe the storage unit...


Happy Weekend All!

10 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    I have Linen Closet Envy....

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Gracie said…

    Lovely, lovely pictures.

    I adore martinis too - I think cosmos are my martini of the moment but that is always subject to change... appletinis, lemondrop, poinsettas.....

    Philip gives me that look often....

     
  • At 3:49 AM, Blogger froggyknits.com said…

    looks fantastic. i need to do that!

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    wow. I hang my head in shame. I need to be that organized...the teeshirts! Wow. Note to self: add new years resolution to be just like elisa.

    :)

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger um said…

    would you like me less if you knew that when i put clean tees in my tee shirt cupboard, i have to quick throw 'em in and shut the doors again so they don't all fall out?

    :p love the pics!

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger melanie said…

    Can you come to my house?

    PS - that pic of Mike is priceless.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Elisa darling, you should be a librarian :) Look at all of this amazing organization. I am on track to be a librarian and I sit here is a messy office will crap everywhere... hmm.

    Love the pics, and I am still laughing at the look on Mike's face--what a great pic!!

    Take care, sweets!

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger knittygirl said…

    I think you've missed your calling. Just think of all of the hundreds of women who would pay you to do that in their homes...(just make sure you put me first on the list!)

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Oooooh I LOVE extra dirty martinis!

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Seriously, I will pay for your airline ticket to come out and organize my house. Pretty please? :-)

    Oh... and Lauren isn't the only disorganized librarian-to-be!

    Nancy
    http://goteweinstitches.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines