Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Hi, How Have You Been?

I've been a little busy.

I'm trying to wrap things up in my current job and get prepared for my new job, and all in all, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I'm going to work part-time for my current department for some period of time(does that "some period" make you as nervous as it makes me?) so I don't have to have everything finished by Friday, but part of me would prefer a clean break, rather than this unspecified period of transition time.

On the plus side, Mrs. Bookish and I had lunch together yesterday, and I saw her Very Cute Self no less than four times today, and that was very, very cool.

To keep myself sane, I've been knitting a lot, and thinking about knitting a lot, and planning upcoming knitting projects. A lot. I did finish Mike's Irish Hiking Scarf:



I'm really pleased with my first cabled item, and Mike really likes it, too. He wore the scarf all day yesterday, and, I'm totally serious here, I think he likes it better than the cashmere (blend, but still) scarf I made him in November.

Note to self: Boys don't always make sense.

Although there were moments when I thought about stabbing myself in the ear with my cable needle to relieve the boredom of knitting Mike's scarf, I've decided I need to have one, too.

Don't ask why. I'm stressed. Maybe I just can't put one more new thing in my brain until I can let go of some of the useless stuff currently taking up real estate in there. Who knows.


It is just about the most gorgeous merino wool you ever saw, though.

I never told you that I had to go to the scary post office last week to pick up a package of yarn. The package was from elann, and the yarn was this:


10 skeins of Peruvian Highland Wool in color 4144, a rich teal blue. I felt completely incapable of picking out two colors for my ribby cardi, so I've decided to do the entire thing in blue.

Don't let all this talk of cluttered brains and ribby cardis make you think I've forgotten about socks, though.

Far from it:

This is my *very* modest sock yarn collection. Today's enhancement includes two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, the Tuscany colorway, and two skeins of KPPPM in a great mixture of pinks, blues, greens and oranges.

Thanks for all your great comments about the finished socks. I look at them and have a hard time believing I actually knit them with my own hands. I had a moments of perfect happiness while knitting each sock. I'd reach the heel flap and think "oh yeah, baby, this is what it's all about".

It's a busy life, but it's a good one.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    ooh so much yarny goodness! I found the irish hiking scarf very therapeutic to knit. I knew the pattern, and for some reason, i was always so excited to reach another cabling point :)

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Elisa, darling :) I hope you are able to free up some real estate in your mind soon... I know that that can be overwhelming. Perhaps some meditative knitting will give you a little peace of mind, and you happen to have so much lovely yarn to do that with!

    Love the pink yarn for your cable scarf--it is so rad!
    ... and what better compliment than to wear a gift scarf ALL day because it was so warm, toasty and made with love? That Mike is a KEEPER :)

    I am totally lovin the Koigu and Lorna's Lace additions to your sock stash--they are truly lovely.

    Take care, and I am thinking about you in this transitional time... *heart heart*

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger um said…

    oh, they don't want to let you go! i don't blame them. if this "part time" stuff gets to be more "full time" or just is too much, let 'em know and don't carry all that on your shoulders, okay?

    i hope the knitting gets you through it. your cables look awesome, and i'm really into that pink you got there! that'll look awesome. it already does!

    i'm in love with socks, and i love the yarn you picked out. let me know how the kpppppppppm goes - it looks delish!

    take care, woman!

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    It's like you've gone to yarn heaven. 10 skeins of highland wool, all that gorgeous sock yarn, the to-die-for pink for the irish hiking scarf.... yum.......

    Yeah, the whole part-time without a hard end date is pretty sketchy. Have they found a replacement for you yet? (Although, I don't know if I can feel *too* sorry for you, because you get to have yarn lunches with Ms. Bookish, which has to balance out some of the part-time yuckiness. ;)

    As much as I love the sturdiness and manliness of Mike's scarf in grey, I can't wait to see how fun it is in pink....

    We missed you last night, but it was a quiet and short one between sickness and the snow.

    Happy Thursday!

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Freecia said…

    What a lovely scarf!

    You know, I've been wanting to do the Ribby Cardi, too, but just haven't decided on when and what color. It is on my list though! Just need to get past the winter yarn sales and a boyfriend late x-mas surprise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines