Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

You Know I'm a Vegetarian, and I Know I'm a Vegetarian

But the people at the Pit Stop BBQ in Dorchester don't need to know.


Actually, this is Mike's dinner from the Pit Stop: Ribs, baked beans, and potato salad. As for me, well, I had the best macaroni and cheese anyone has ever had. Somehow, during its preparation, the mac and cheese probably comes into contact with something meaty, and I'm sure that's why it is so damn good.

Last weekend started out with BBQ and it just got better. Seriously.

Saturday evening I met Melanie from melanoma uberalis for coffee and a quick button tutorial. Really, all I did was help her sign up for photobucket. She took it from there, and have you seen the amazing button and banner she created along with all the great buttons she has uploaded to her site? Fabulous. I really hope that we'll be able to get together again soon, and maybe do some actual knitting. Or not. She's just a lot of fun. :)

After I left Melanie to the Knitsmiths, Mike and I headed out to get our first Christmas tree:



I really love Christmas. I start planning my Christmas gifts in May and singing Christmas songs in June. I don't let myself decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving, but by December 1st, I am really itching to break out the snowman made out of a sweat sock (you'll see him later, be patient) and all the ornaments I have collected over the years plus the newer ornaments that Mike and I have collected together. I love walking into my house after a long and ridiculous commute to the smell of pine. I love the hustle and bustle of the shoppers and the parties and the silly twinkling lights. I'm sorry, I'm done, you can stop gagging now.

Mike and I went to Chez Bookish on Sunday and spent a delightful afternoon and evening with Mr. and Mrs. Bookishness and Ms. Projectness and her charming SO, Eric. We had drinking. We had football. We had knitting. Most of all, we had wonderful company and conversation. So much wonderful company in fact, Mike and I are going back again this Sunday.

After Sunday, the rest of the week is kind of a blur. Tonight I met up with the new Southie SnB at Cafe Arpeggio and got a good bit done on my sister's poncho:


(Why yes, that is a snowman made out of a sweat sock, how funny you should notice.)

This was the second meeting of this incarnation of the Southie SnB and it was a lot of fun. Jackie was there working on Caili's hat, Keiko was working on (surprise) a blue scarf, Amy was working on a lovely skinny scarf for a friend of hers who is moving to California (and so has no need for a big wooly affair), and Nicole was working on a chemo hat that she started and probably finished tonight. Thanks, ladies, for lots of laughter and great conversation. I look forward to seeing you all next week!

I got some very good news today - I've been approved to the FiberRAOK ring! I've been in the queue for a couple of months and got word this afternoon that I'm in. Woohoo! Now I need to spend some time surfing the ring and getting ideas for little things to send out. What fun.

I'll leave you with a final shot of my Christmas tree. Please forgive the not-so-fabulous tree topper.



Oh, and Sue? The linen closet photos are coming...

7 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Shem said…

    Apologies, but do I know you from somewhere? A Technorati search for my own site led me here, and I can't recognize the author for the life of me.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger um said…

    Oh, mac and cheese is so good. It's a favorite in this house!

    Your sis's poncho looks great - I love the color you're using. She's sure to love it!

    Your sweat sock snowman looks very cute. Did you make it? Your tree looks beautiful. I could almost smell the pine!

    Hope you have a great day! :)

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger melanie said…

    Holy crap, I have been so intrigued by that place ever since I passed it on my way to Circles. Being a Georgia girl, I very much miss decent BBQ and am long convinced that the north cannot provide it. I love the look of that place, but was a little scared of it. We must go there soon!!

    You are so cute with your Christmas spirit! It's starting to infect me as I read!

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    Hey! Your star is just as cool as ours...and don't you forget it. The 70s rocked and there isn't any reason why the stars should be forgotten.

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now thats my DH favorite dinner! Actually he makes the best BBQ ribs on the grill.

    Your tree looks great. We are putting ours up this weekend. Can't wait!

    Eilene
    http://eiknit.typepad.com

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Elisa--your Christmas tree is so nice! I don't even remember the last time I had a REAL Christmas tree... we have a cute little dinky artificial one now, but it serves the purpose.

    Sounds like loads of fun with Bookishness and Projectness :) We are planning a similar little couple day this weekend here in MD--with Papayaness and Knittensness (as well as DHs)

    Have a good one, E! :)

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Welcome to the RAOK group!!

    :-)

    Nancy
    http://goteweinstitches.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines