Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Sunday, December 19, 2004

The Problem With Blogging Only Once A Week

Is that when I do finally blog, I have too much to say.

So, I'll just keep this short and get to the point(s):

Point 1: FOs


My sister's poncho, and yes, the first sleeve of the Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad Sweater, blocking on the guest room floor. Once I've wrapped the poncho, I'll block the rest of the sweater, and with any luck, it will be ready for its intended recipient by Thursday. Oh shit. Maybe not. I conveniently forgot that it still needs to be seamed. And that it still needs a neck. Harumph. Shit.

Point 2: WIPs


Sophie 3 and Sophie 4, pre-felt. Yes, I know I have a problem. Be quiet.

Point 3: Sundays with Mr. and Mrs. Bookish

I highly recommend spending your Sundays this way. I realize you can't all spend your Sundays with Wendy and Rob, but the underlying philosophy is sound: spend time with amazingly warm, funny, and smart people, share laughter, stories, good food and drinks, and end your weekend with a warm fuzzy glow that will make you not care that you have to get up and go to work the next day.

Point 4: Christmas will be over by this time next week

And having said that, I've decided to relax about the whole thing. The important thing is being able to spend time with Mike and our families and friends. Little else really matters, so if I don't get everything done that I'd like to? Eh. No big deal. I don't think most people would mind having a gift to open in January.

Amie and Lauren? I promise that the next time Mike has a business trip to Maryland, I'll try to go, too. Don't forget that you are always welcome here.


11 Comments:

  • At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so many great projects. love them all!
    froggyknits.com

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger um said…

    i like your positive attitude and acceptance of the fact that christmas is less than a week away, and who gives a rat's hiney if knitted things aren't completely knitted? i may adapt it myself. once again, you are inspirational, m'dear.

    i hope your cold is all gone and that you have a wonderful week!

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I know what you mean about having too much to report when you blog infrequently!

    I'm glad to hear that you're not stressing about knitting. I have to remind myself of what's important sometimes, too. :) I gave up on my Stevie sweater for DH a few weeks ago when I realized that even if I did finish knitting it, there was no way the seaming and neck would be done in time for Christmas. Ah, well. I'd much rather enjoy the season and not have a finished sweater. He understands, which helps. :)

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Amie said…

    Oh, I'd love to, but it's COLD up there (yes, it's 8 degrees here, but at least we have the sense to know that's morally wrong.)

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Gracie said…

    Cute cute poncho!

    Love the Sophie bags! Go and felt them!!

    Have a great week and Christmas!

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    You have been quite the busy knitter, haven't you? And good for you for tackling the BBS - this time my money's on you. :)

    Hope you're having a great day!

    Jackie

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    I'm the same way with my posts! I get so busy that I don't have time to post anything. Then, when I finally have time, I have tons to talk about! Or, the worst happens and I blank. :-)

    Enjoy your Christmas!

    Nancy
    http://goteweinstitches.blogspot.com

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    LOVE the poncho...

    I know (dammit there are so many things my family is having christmas in January!" hehe!

    Love the sophies...that is a great pattern!

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Princess Papaya said…

    I know just how you feel about blogging only so often. I post all kinds of pictures and then hope noone is on a dialup :)

    I love the projects...I have so far not been pulled in by the poncho thing, but I can definately start to feel the suction starting.

    ps. definately come to maryland. its awesome :)

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger margene said…

    Thanks for your compliemnt on my blog! And for the reminder that this will all be over soon. Enjoy your Holiday!!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Hi Elisa! I want to come to Mass. and visit you... I just don't know when I can get up there! :P

    I have not even posted on my blog in over a week... I am a bad girl. But, I know what you mean--so much to report when you do end up posting.

    Your stuff looks great though, and you are completely right, I think that people are ALWAYS happy to get gifts, even if it is a little late!

    Take care and I hope you have a nice relaxing Christmas!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines