Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas!

Mike and I opened our presents this morning, and it went something like this:

This


Plus this


Equaled this


And then this


Mike and I were supposed to be in Georgia today spending Christmas with his kids, but when we arrived at Logan last night, our flight had been canceled due to bad weather and the airline said they wouldn't be able to get us to Georgia until Sunday. Considering that we wouldn't have arrived until after the time we were due to leave, we decided to stay home and plan a trip for a long weekend either in January or February. As heartbroken as we both are not to spend Christmas with Mike's kids, we're both glad that we were able to be together for Christmas and that we have family to spend the holidays with.

I have another little lovely gift to share with you:


These three skeins of beautiful ribbon yarn are a very lovely gift from Michelle. Have you read her blog? If you have then you'll know that she's a funny, kind, smart and talented woman (with the most fabulous hair. Ever.). I've been privileged to have the opportunity to get to know Michelle both online and offline over the past few months and she is as kind and generous as you would imagine.

Although Christmas isn't a religious celebration for me, I welcome any opportunity to spend time with my friends and family and to reflect on their importance in my life. I want to say thank you to all of you who have left comments for me, encouraged me, laughed with me (or at me, as the case may be), and have generally made my world a brighter place. So Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays and best wishes from me to you.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger um said…

    oh hoooraaay! your package got there! woohoo! i hope you find something fun to do with the ribbon. i love knitting ribbon (but not on metal needles. that's enough to make me *insert violent act here*). enjoy!

    sorry your original christmas plans were cancelled, but i'm glad you were able to regroup and have a wonderful holiday all the same. i'm jealous - you got a yarn swift! lucky duck. :p

    thanks for your kind words. it's an honor to be linked in your blog!

    merry christmas (well, there's only 1 and a half hours left, but still)!

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    How fun! You made out pretty well girlie! I'm so sorry to hear that your flight got cancelled. Mix blessing? We'll miss you guys today and look forward to seeing you soon.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Sorry you were not able to go to visit Mike's kids, but it sounds like you had a very nice holiday, nevertheless! I love my swift and ball-winder! I often say that I need more yarn so that I can use it more :) I hope you have fun with yours!

    Great looking pink yarn, if I do say so myself :)

    Have a great week, E, and I hope to hear from you soon!

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Gracie said…

    I am so jealous! A yarn swift!! Santa Claus was great to you!! And, what fab yarn!!

    I'm sorry you didn't get to go to Georgia. My parents live in Atlanta and I heard Hartsfield was nuts! I am glad that we could just drive.

    Have a great night!

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those are some LOVELY presents you got there! Sorry about your traveling woes, though. This holiday sounds like a travel nightmare, from the sounds of things, so it's probably just as well, eh? (Norma, Now Norma Knits)

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Anonymous coupons said…

    I think Elisa has a great blog! I've been surfing around everywhere and just love to read all this stuff. I don't have a blog to contribute to but found a place where you can get a free target gift card. I think they are limiting it so you may wanna hurry on over. the site is Target Gift Card Keep up the great work, I love Blogger!!!

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger STL said…

    Enjoyable visit to your blog! I hope you will reciprocate by coming to my shopping site Enduring Collections. We are a portal to over 500 merchants you will recognize. Whether you are shopping for pearls or other fine merchandise, the chances are you will find it here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines