Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Friday, December 10, 2004

If You're Looking for Me

I'll be the one in the corner mumbling about looking like a sausage.

I had this whole idea that I'd be at my goal weight by my 30th birthday. Um, right. That hasn't exactly happened. I've been able to ignore this "where'd my feet go?" weight gain for the most part. Since it is sweater and coat season, I haven't had to really confront my, er, largesse.

Until I needed to start planning my outfit for my company's holiday party.

Now, you know me, right? A little OCD. A little, shall we say, organized? If you've been to my house, you know that you could probably open any drawer (one of my drawers, we're not talking about any of Mike's drawers, of course) in my house and find nice little stacks or rows of whatever it is lives in that particular drawer.

This is what my spare bedroom, where my clothes closet is, looked like after the What Am I Going to Wear to the Holiday Party and Did These Pants Always Make Me Look Like a Sausage Unpleasantness:



Thank god for shoes and handbags. No matter what I weigh, they never make me look like a sausage.

I took the day off today and will head into Boston later to get my hair cut (at least I'll have good hair, sexy shoes, and a great handbag, right?) and then I'll do a little Christmas shopping before I head to the hotel to get ready for the party.

The UPS man came to see me today. He brought me a box of See's from my dear friend Caroline. Want to guess what one of my New Year's resolutions will be?

Knitting blog? What? Oh, sure. I cast on for Sophie 4 yesterday and am making excellent progress on the sister poncho. I should get some quality knitting time in this weekend, as I'll be spending another lovely Sunday at Chez Bookish.

Dude, I totally forgot to mention that Wendy taught me how to cable last weekend! I've carried my little cable swatch with me all week. Thanks, Wendy!

Also, I mentioned in my last post that I was approved for membership in the FiberRAOK ring and I've alredy received a wonderful RAOK - a gift certificate to Adagio Teas from Lisa. Thank you so much, Lisa! I've already decided what I want to order, and I'll think of you when I have my first cup of tea! Thank you, Nancy, for welcoming me to the ring. I know I'll enjoy the rest of the lovelies on the ring if you're any indication of the type of people involved. :)

Happy knitting everyone.

12 Comments:

  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    You are cute as a button and not once have I ever thought your body looked like a piece of meat. I mean, if you really resembled a sausage don't you think my dogs would have taken more of an interest in you?!

    Have fun and go crazy girl!

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Jackie said…

    Are those the pink satin pants I spy in one of those piles?? I hope you have a fantabulous day off, and an enchanting time at the Christmas party tonight!!! A night at the Fairmont Copley, you are in for quite the evening Mme Elisa...

    Also, I can't wait to see what you'll be doing with your hair. Any chance of photos? (Because I'm impatient and just can't wait until next Wed. :)

    Have a great time tonight!!!!!

    Jackie

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Amie said…

    Yup, I'm hoping to be at my goal weight by my 30th birthday, too. At this point that will involve chopping off a leg.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Hmm... weight loss... I have been meaning to do that for awhile...

    Have fun at the party, Elisa!

    Have fun in the RAOK ring... I am thinking about dropping out of it. I hope it is more successful and fun for you. :)

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger um said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Oh I hope you enjoy the tea. I'm thoroughly addicted to Adagio's tea! I love reading a fellow veggie's blog :)

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger um said…

    you know, you are so beautiful, that any extra weight you might think you're carrying just translates into more beauty.

    was that a *gag* moment? who cares -- i meant it!

    i bet you look awesome tonight. i had to giggle at the clothing crime scene. i go through the same thing and totally understand. it sucks. :)

    i hope you have fun! it sounds like you have an awesome weekend planned. i appreciate the hairy comment you made to me :)

    when i saw that dude article in the paper yesterday, i immediately thought of you. dude!


    (i posted this earlier, but deleted it because i had written "undesirable clothing" and it sounded like i thought your clothes were ugly, which i don't - at least they don't look that way! i meant to say "undesired" but then even that sounded weird. sorry, i'm sleepy.)

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Knittens said…

    Dear Elisa! Every winter (around this time) I realize that I'm plumper than I'd like to be. I usually say to myself "arent vegetarians supposed to be super skinny?" I've got a new outlook. I call it my "winter coat". Its a little extra here and there to keep my warm in the winter :)

    We all love you for who you are, the way you are! You're smart, witty and talented and that makes you beautiful!

    PS... when you come for maryland sheep and wool, set aside a little time for a trip to a great veggie restaurant with my and DH and any other veggies who want to come!

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are just too funny! i'm trying to decide to wear to my company party too. what an ordeal. i wish i could just wear a big sweater and jeans, lol. take care!
    froggyknits.com

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    I bet you will have a blast...besides getting a new hairdo is the best feeling!!

    you are tres chic!

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Gracie said…

    Happy Monday! I hope that you had a great time at the party and found a fab outfit and felt beautiful (as you always are!). I can't wait to see the new hair - I always feel like a new person when I get my hair done.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Princess Papaya said…

    goal weight? right...i'm miles away from that. i'm dreading summer..

    anyway...more important things:

    I am so thrilled you're coming to the S&W festival--its going to be so much fun. I should probably be starting that lightweight sweater I want to wear to it soon so I don't spend the three days before staying up till all hours of the night trying to finish, right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines