Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Saturday, December 04, 2004

I Feel Like It's Christmas Already

Because I've gotten lots of gifties already.

1. Thank you to everyone who left me a comment or sent me an email about my List. I was pretty freaking overwhelmed by how kind and generous everyone was. I really don't think of myself as someone who has had to overcome a lot, I just think that shit happens, and as Jackie says, it isn't what happens to you, it's how you deal with it. I am once again humbled by the kindness of others.

2. Mike gave me an early Christmas present yesterday: "In Their Own Voices: A Century of Recorded Poetry". I heard Walt Whitman's voice last night. Need I say more?

3. I am meeting Melanie today for the first time in real life. Again, need I say more?

4. My company's holiday party is next Friday, and thanks to my fabulous Aunt (who works for the Fairmont), Mike and I are staying here for a very reasonable rate.

5. Tomorrow I am going to see Her Bookishness and Her Projectness plus meet their significant others. And we're going to knit. And watch football. And drink beer.

6. I found out who my Secret Pal III is. It's Freecia! She was such a generous and fun Secret Pal. For the reveal, she sent me a gift certificate to Amazon and reminded me that The Yarn Harlot's bookbookbook will be available for pre-order in a few weeks. What a super-smart Secret Pal Freecia is!

7. I am going to have an Anna's quesadilla for dinner.

8. I am going to Lambert's Rainbow Fruit, a wonderful grocery store in Dorchester with the best fruits and vegetables, to get a Christmas tree today.

9. Yesterday my friend Jessica asked me to teach her how to knit.

10. My best friend Kim emailed me yesterday to tell me that her MIL, S., who is easily one of the coolest ladies I have ever met (and who also knits) reads my blog! S. also asked Kim if she had ever seen my famous linen closet, and Kim said no, and then suggested it was time for me to post some photos.

I'm thinking about it.

So, I was reading Princess Papaya this morning, and she mentioned the 2005 Maryland Sheep and Wool festival, and when I looked at the comments, I saw that Michelle said she was really looking forward to the festival. This suggests to me that she'll actually BE there.

Which means that, as of this morning, I've decided so will I. Who else is going?



9 Comments:

  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Wow, Walt Whitman reading his own stuff to you? That's a really cool idea!
    J
    http://saintvodkaofthemartini.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger um said…

    okay, reason #492834 to meet elisa: i have to hear her recorded poetry gift! that's amazing. i read about it - the walt whitman recording is from 1890?!? wow. what's he read on it? the only thing i have that comes close to cool is a tape of james joyce reading something. and it's so unintelligible that it might as well be silent. but still - wow! that's too cool. sounds like your mike sure knows what you like.

    yeah! let's crash the md sheep/wool festival! what if you and i and our knitty blogfriends made a little mini-vaca out of it?!?! now i'm more excited than i was about it before, and i was pretty darn excited before. i've heard it's huge. i better start saving up.

    your post today was happy and light. i think it has put me in the right mood to endure this party. so thank you! have fun meeting melanie and then hanging with your other knittin' pals tomorrow!

    (exclamation marks were not harmed during the making of this show)

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Wow! We should definitely have a bloggy meetup there. As far as I know, Papaya, Knittens, EI, and H(Pixiestikzknitz) and me... and I am sure some of my knitibrarian friends (they don't have blogs...)

    I would love to meet you Elisa... I hope you can come down for it.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Freecia said…

    You've been an excellent secret pal recipient. I'm one of those people who likes giving "the most perfect gift ever" so I stressed a bit for getting a complete stranger gifts. But you were really easy to buy for since you loved everything ;) And I'm a See's chocolate shop state ;)

    In fact, I found it rather humorous that you are from Northern California as I live about an hour south of San Francisco and went to college in Davis near Sacramento (about as Northern California as I get since I dislike frozen toes). I was afriad you'd grown up around here and would recognize the return address.

    I've been having lots of fun reading your blog and wish you a great holiday season. It's gonna be a good one!

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Knittens said…

    You bet I'll be there!!!! Only 5 minutes away from my home... I have no excuses! Can't wait to meet you!!!!!!!

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, now that Kim has outed me I must put in an appearance. After she told me about your blog I promptly read the entire thing, and loved every bit. I am so proud of you! It was only this past May that you mentioned to me you were taking up knitting and I suggested you get the book Stitch & Bitch. Now you're knitting, blogging, secret pal-ing, attending actual S&B groups and (my personal favorite) stash building. You go, girlfriend! AND, you have some great FOs. All I have to show for the past 7 months are 4 WIPS and my very first EVER don't-bother-checking-gauge-I-always-match-the-pattern screwup...a cool capelet made from Lion Brand homespun, that might, if I'm really lucky, fit 3 year old Megan. (Yes, it was meant for ME)
    Happy knitting,
    Sue
    P.S. Yes, you must post a pic of your linen closet, I have organization envy.
    P.P.S. My mom is the coolest women *I* know ;), she just knitted herself a great red fun fur scarf for her annual Christmas San Francisco trip!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Oooh, it's only in May? I thought the Sheep and Wool Festival was ages away. I'm definitely going to be there! I can't wait to meet so many bloggy friends all in one place!

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Amie said…

    Hooray! I'm about 15 minutes from the fairgrounds, so I'm going both days (as I did last year)

    The KR folks meet up around noon at the front gate for lunch... How exciting that I'll get to meet you at last!!!

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Gracie said…

    Just stopped in to say hello!

    I got my yarn yesterday with the gift certificate you gave me. It is so fab and I can't wait to use it. Thanks so much for it.

    Have a great Wednesday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines