Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Houston, We Have a Cold

Oh boy, do we ever.

I should have known something was amiss when I spent all of Monday feeling tired. I got a decent amount of sleep, I spent a wonderfully relaxing Sunday at Chez Bookish, and yet on Monday, I was just tired.

Mike left for a business trip on Monday afternoon, so when I got home from work I puttered around the house, putting things away and taking stock of where I stand with all things Christmas. I knit some on the sister poncho and just generally felt tired and missed Mike*.

By yesteray morning, though, I was feeling funky. I kept wandering around my house, picking things up and putting them down in random places. As I was trying to leave to catch the bus, I had to go back into the house at least three times to grab things I needed (Gloves? Check. Lunch? Check. Christmas cards? Check.), or do last minute things I had forgotten to do (Coffee pot off? Check. Heat turned down to 58 degrees? Check.). Miraculously, I made it to the bus on time.

My commute when Mike is on business trips differs from my commute when Mike is home. When Mike is home, he drives me to the Ashmont T station, where I proceed to take two buses to work, or to the Forest Hills T station, where I take the T and then a shuttle to work. When Mike is on a business trip, I can walk to the Mattapan trolley that takes me to Ashmont where I can then take the previously mentioned two buses, or I can drive to Forest Hills and take the T and then the shuttle, or I can catch the 215 bus that takes me to Ashmont, and well, I'm sure you get the point.

Yesterday I caught the 215 and managed to get to Ashmont intact. On the second leg of my trip to work, I lost my gloves. On the third leg of my trip, I lost my T pass.

Seriously? I should have gone back home then, because I spent all stupid day feeling like I had medicine head without benefit of any medicine. *Sigh*

So, I stayed home today and slept until 10am. I've been knitting and drinking coffee and orange juice all day. I just finished watching "Airport 75" and now "Airport 77" is on.

The big question is - should I go to the Southie SnB tonight? I really want to, but I have this whole Grandma guilt thing going...you know, it goes something like, "If you are too sick to go to work, you are too sick to go to the SnB". I will probably just stay home, wrap presents, and start to put together the boxes that need to be shipped to family and friends around the country. Jackie, I hope you have a great time tonight!

In knitting news, the sister poncho is finished and just needs blocking and I have started an Irish Hiking Scarf which has no chance of being finished by Christmas. No, I can't tell you why I started it yesterday except that I really wanted to practice my new cabling skill. Actually, that's exactly the reason I started it...

In other news, the party on Friday night was a lot of fun:


Mike (cute as a button) and Elisa (thankful she still has collarbones to offset those chipmunky cheeks)


Keiko and Tim (both adorable)

Thank you all for your kind comments about The Unpleasantness. You all rock.

*By the way, he's in Maryland. If you happen to be in Elkton and you see him, tell him we need coffee, okay?

11 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    It's good advice, if you don't feel good enough to go to work(school) then you're probably not up to going anywhere in the freezing cold dark night to knit when you could be tucked under a blanket with tea knitting in your own home. SO, no worries about the SNB tonight! Pamper yourself, wrap some presents, and feel better! We will carry the torch for you.

    That's a lovely picture of you and Mike. You look gorgeous. :)


    Jackie

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    I have a cold too! I left work early on Monday and I slept most of this afternoon waiting for the car to be done! Bah-hum-bug.

    I hope you feel better. I have *news* but no way to reach you. Email me your home phone or call me on mine (if you still have it) - I'll be home in a jiffy.

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger um said…

    awww, i'm sorry you hab a code. *sniffle* but look what awaits - at the end of a cold, you can get that really cool raspy sexy voice that comes after days of fun drainage.

    sorry, putting a positive spin on a cold is not easy! but at least you have it now and not at christmas. now that would suck majorly.

    i'm excited for you and your cables! i can't wait to see your irish hiking scarf. i haven't tried cables yet, so i'll try it vicariously through you.

    your picture looks great! i don't see any sausage, girlfriend. but i do see some nice collarbone that i haven't seen on meself for half a century or so. and i'm 34, so . . .

    take care and feel better soon!

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Elisa! So sorry to hear about your sickiness :( Get some rest and drink hot liquids--my mom always used to say that "You need to make your little soldiers [white blood cells?] strong!" hmmm... :)

    The picture of you and Mike is great! Look at you! You are so beautiful--forget that whole sausage sh*t. You look PURTY! :P

    Next time Mike comes down to MD, you come along, and I WILL go wherever you are! (Maryland is not THAT big!)

    Take care :)

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger melanie said…

    DUDE, I have a cold too! I stayed home Tuesday and Wednesday, and am back at work today despite my not feeling much better. Ran out of sick days.

    Did you get my email?

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger melanie said…

    PS - guess what I forgot this morning?

    Deodorant.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Amie said…

    I was on at 4:30 because when GB's out of town, my schedule differs too, in that I don't sleep. I had already played Sims for an hour when I started that post, and then had problems with the .jpg so it took about an hour to get that done. That's right. 2:30 was rise-and-shine time in my house. And freakish morning person that I naturally am, I was fine with that until about an hour ago. Now I'm supposed to be at work, but I have yet to shower, dress, or take the 30 minute drive, there's a warm cat in my lap, and I'm the supervisor.... Aslan wins!

    Mike is spending a lot of time in Maryland... you should come with him... Elkton's not far at all! And you've got me and Lauren and Megan and.... we're a fine bunch, Maryland knitters...

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger mayflwr said…

    oh dear, I'm so glad I'm finally done with my cold-like ickiness! feel better soon!

    yes, you do look fabulous! sausage what?

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Oh, sounds like things are rough for you. Hope they improve vastly. Isn't it fun to forget things on the bus? One day I dropped my cell phone and it just rolled away, never to be seen again.
    Well, at least until I got off at my stop. I had written it off, but someone found it and returned it. Actually, when I left my purse at a bus stop, it was also returned, so I've been very lucky.

    J

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Knittens said…

    sorry im posting here and not on more recent posts. for some reason the page is messed up for me that I can't click the "post a comment" link on the other posts because the WIPs percentage things are in the way. My comp is still sick...

    Have a safe holiday! And I think those bags are just darling!

    PS DH and i may be coming upto boston in april. dh bestfriend is in the marathon. will give you more details soon!

    Happy knitting!

     
  • At 3:34 AM, Anonymous hot interracial stories said…

    Ashe paid for the cake he turned and whispered into herears He didnt tell you because you dont like toshare the Mayor with any one. Ginger pulled the gun out of her skirt.
    nifty erotic stories archive foreskin
    adult white wives cuckold stories
    young interracial sex stories
    erotic short stories
    men mutual masturbation stories
    Ashe paid for the cake he turned and whispered into herears He didnt tell you because you dont like toshare the Mayor with any one. Ginger pulled the gun out of her skirt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines