Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year!

And a bunch of other stuff.

I have lots to tell you, but as I am sure you are getting ready for your wonderful and exciting New Year's festivities, I'll try and keep this brief.

I found this in my mailbox last night:


My best friend's in-laws, Sue and Randy, own the Raymond General Store in Raymond, California, and Sue was going through some old filing cabinets and found this Jack Frost pattern book. Sue is both a knitter and a lover of handbags, and since she knows that I am too, she very generously sent this to me.

An inside shot:

Seriously, how cool are those bags? And how cool is Sue for sending it to me?

As one of our Christmas gifts, Mike's dad and step-mother took us to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra last night at the Fleet Center. Seeing this show is something of a family tradition, and last night's performance was the first that Mike and I have attended, so it was really quite the experience for us.

I had the day off today and I have spent it happily puttering around the house, watching some of my favorite good and bad movies, Ghostbusters, Demolition Man, and The Big Lebowski (you guess which I think is which, heh heh heh), cleaning and organizing things (Mike's armoire has never been more orderly), and generally having a very relaxing day. In a few minutes I'll hop in the shower (yes, I do know what time it is) and tonight Mike and I will spend New Year's Eve with Keiko and her husband Tim at our friend's housewarming/New Year's Eve party. It should be a lot of fun, and I am looking forward to spending my New Year's with Mike and with good friends.

I said I'd keep this brief, but as usual I fibbed, so I will wrap this up by wishing you a safe and happy New Year. I hope you spend the evening with people you love and I wish you and your families peace, happiness, and health for 2005.

Oh, and I start a new job in three weeks. :)

Happy New Year!

25 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger um said…

    whoa, you start a new job? wow! hooray for changes and new jobs!

    the trans-siberian orchestra - are they the ones that have that one xmas song that goes along to the tune of pachelbel's canon? if so, gabe loves that song and sings it all the time. i'm glad you had a special time there with mike!

    i hope you have a wonderful time tonight, and an even more wonderful 2005! i'm glad we've gotten to know each other and look forward to meeting you at the w/s festival! :) happy new year!!!! m

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Gracie said…

    OMG - that pattern book is the cutest thing ever!! I love the purses! What a lucky gal you are!

    Have a fabulous time tonight and I will talk to you soon!!

    Happy New Year to you and Mike!

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy new year! congrats on the new job! wishing you all the best in 2005!
    froggyknits.com

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    Happy New Year!

    I love those pictures. They would look great framed! I hope they inspire you to knit some fabu handbands - before the Sophie Bag takes over your life!

    ;)

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger melanie said…

    What a great book! Hope you had a good New Years, lady.

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Amie said…

    Happy new year!

    Details on the job are forthcoming, I assume????

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    Congratulations on the new job!!

    (Um, do you still get to work down the hall from Wendy???)

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Feel free to come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 2:20 AM, Blogger redsheets said…

    Bloggs are such a wonderful way to plublish ones thoughts. Thanks for letting me visit and leave a comment. natural penis enlargement

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger DigitalCamera said…

    Wow, I was just messing around and found your page!
    Very nice.
    If you are interested, go see my holiday shopping related site.
    It isnt anything fancy but you might still find something of interest.

     
  • At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like your blog and hope you will like mine.

    It is related to holiday shopping and this site will be useful for years to come.

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Texas Seo Expert said…

    Cool blog.. Hope you will check mine out

    christmas gift ideas related information that will last you from season to season.

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Texas Seo Expert said…

    I like your blog and hope you will like mine.

    It is related to gift idea kid uk and this site will be useful for years to come.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Texas Seo Expert said…

    I like your blog and hope you will like mine.

    It is related to inexpensive gift idea and this site will be useful for years to come.

     
  • At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm new to blogging and I like you're one

    I have a **christmas gift website** great gift website. It offers loads of great christmas gifts such as name a star, become a lord, pamper gifts, personalised gifts, all types of gadgets, gifts fo him and gifts for her

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, enjoyed your blog/site related to **Christmas** I'm going to add your

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger answer-man said…

  • At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    site is www.christmas-mall-online.com

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Gift Ideas Guide said…

    I commend your post on this one of a kind blog.

    I hope you find my site useful containing rag shop information and content.

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Feel free to come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Blogger NYCGuy12 said…

  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just came across your blog about womens relationship advice and wanted to drop you a note telling you how much I enjoy reading the stuff you are posting here. I also have a web site about womens relationship advice so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the world wide web!

    greets,

    Frank

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Google Page Rank 6 said…

    Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

    Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

    Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great stuff on online flowers
    , Check out online flowers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines