Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Yesterday Was...

Perfect.

Let me show you:


Jackie of The JKC Project and Wendy of The Bookish Girl at Snow Goose Yarns in E. Milton, Ma.


Keiko, in front of the Colinette/Noro wall, fondling some blue (surprising, no?) yarn


The four of us, examining some lovely scarves and ever-so-slowly inching towards the drawers filled with Rowan's Kidsilk Haze

This is what I brought home with me:


Which turned into this when spread out on my dining room table:


I have almost too much to say about yesterday morning and afternoon. I picked up Jackie from the train station yesterday morning at 10:15 and we went to A Lighter Fare in E. Milton. We had just gotten our coffee when Wendy arrived and Keiko arrived just a few minutes later. You might expect that a group of people who have either never met each other, or have only met once might experience some awkward pauses, but you know what? It never happened. We chatted all morning and afternoon as if we had known each other for years. All three women are smart, funny, and lovely and I was glad to be in their company.

After we had brunch (I LOVE brunch) we went across the hall to Snow Goose Yarns and I think we may all have gone a little crazy. It was great to be in a yarn shop with people who completely understood why I walked around the store cradling a skein of Noro Kochoron like a kitten, petting it and rubbing it against my neck.

Once the yarn frenzy was complete, we walked across the street to a Bruegger's Bagels, got some beverages and noshables and set to knitting. Two more hours passed in a blink of an eye and at 3:20pm we had to go our separate ways because Jackie was expected at Real Thanksgiving at 4:00pm.

The four of us spent five hours together and it felt like a minute. I can't wait to do it again.

When I got home yesterday, I was so excited and couldn't wait to tell Mike about the amazing time I had had. I burst in the door, and found a package from my SPIII Secret Pal waiting for me. Can you believe it? I spend a fabulous morning with three terrifically interesting people and I come home to presents?


That's three pieces of beautiful silk that my Secret Pal thought would be perfect for lining knit bags (I think she's spot on about that) and a bag of Dove chocolates. Um, why yes, the bag is open...I have no idea how that happened. Ahem.

Here's a close up of one of the pieces of fabric:

Stunning

Last night Mike and I went on a date to see The Incredibles. I don't go to movies often because I get pretty cranky, but nothing was going to spoil either the movie or my date. Not the kids behind me who were definitely NOT using their indoor voices, or the teenage girls in front of me who kept answering their cell phones and walking in and out of the theatre. Nope. None of that bothered me. I was on a brunch eating, yarn shopping, new friend making, stash enhancing, present receiving, date having high, and NOTHING was going to ruin it.

And nothing did. It was a perfect day.

In the midst of all the love, I got a few knitty things accomplished:


Freakin' Market Bag blocking


Sophie 2 finished, but not yet felted


My next project - any guesses? :)

Today Mike and I are going up to New Hampshire to have an early Thanksgiving dinner with Mike's dad and step-mom, Mike's brother and sister and their spouses and kids. That's a good two hours of car knitting time to look forward to, so I should be picking up stitches on my newest project by the time we get home. Do you know what the project is yet*?

*Edited to add: No Jennifer, it's not a sock. Thanks for the guess!

17 Comments:

  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Oh Elisa! I want to come to Mass. and be in your little group! :) Great photos after a great day! Thanks a lot for posting them!

    Wow, girl, you MADE OUT! Look at that amazing stuff--so many new projects on your horizons. I can't wait to see them.

    Have a lovely early Thanksgiving in NH. Take care :)

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    is it a sock?

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger um said…

    i was wondering how your little knit-together went. sounds like you had such a wonderful time! i'm so glad - you deserved it, after having been sick and stuff. that's just so awesome!! i love your stash additions. what's the multi-colored stuff toward the front?

    i'm glad none of those cinematic losers bothered you. i hate going to the movies for that very reason, along with the price of Snocaps and M&Ms (i just bring my own, but still). my biggest movie pet peeve is when people behind me comment on the scenes or repeat funny lines, which makes them turn unfunny very quickly.

    hope you had a great turkey time in new hampshire!

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm going to guess... baby clothes?
    I think I know the needles, though. Are those the Clover Mini's? If so, how do you like them and where did you get them?

    Glad you liked the fabric and happy that it fit into your mailbox, Chocolove and all :)

    -SP3

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger melanie said…

    What a fantabulous day! I love the Snow Goose.

    I've been scouring the S&B emails for the definitive answer on where and when the Southie one is, but I haven't seen it. Will you guys be posting it in their database? Let me know, k, cuz I really do want to stop by!

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    What incredible goodies! I can't imagine a better day than the one you described. I know what you mean about the movies... popcorn crunching, chair kicking, people coughing all over the place... I thought we were setting ourselves up for disaster seeing SpongeBob this weekend, but the hum of children actually went well with the movie in this instance.

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    Well, if that is the Cascade you got this weekend then it is ANOTHER Sopie Bag and YOU HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM. Don't make me go back through your entries to count how many you've made. I will do it unless you get a grip on your Sopie Bag fetish.

    Seriously, you finished the blue one?! You are the fastest knitter in the universe.

    -Wendy
    www.thebookishgirl.blogspot.com

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    Alright, I give up. I too am an obsessed knitter and you, you just are a good gift-giver with a great knack for all things felt.
    ;)

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    How long has it been since I actually came to visit your site and not read through bloglines?? I like your new digs over here - it's fun to switch it up every once in awhile, huh?

    As for the Sophie Bag Fetish, I am stunned at how quickly you finished that, and how quickly you cast on another one. I'll believe the gift thing only after the holidays, and all but one are given away.... ;)

    Jackie

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Hm, the bottom of another sophie? I love the pink, whatever it is.

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow, what a great meetup. and awesom buys and gifties. great fo too. and hmmm what could that be....
    froggyknits.com

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Amie said…

    Is the pink the first click-click of little baby knitting needles?????

    My birthday isn't actually until NEXT Tuesday, but GB new he would never sleep if I knew the package was in and he didn't give it to me. I can be worse than a cranky two-year old who needs a nap when needed.

    When we saw The Incredibles, there was a group of the best-behaved 8-year-olds on the planet. At the very end, one shouted out "BEST MOVIE EVER" at the top of his lungs. It was WAY cute...

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger knittygirl said…

    That really was the perfect day! I'm so jealous...I'd love to meet some other yarn fanatic types from cyber space one day! I"m curious about the new project...show us more!

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    What a fun time! I love knit excursions with my pals...they understand when you have to fondle the noro. I have some of that yarn...I totally understand it's power! :)

    Ugh..you reminded me I need to get the lead out on my market bag...:) yours looks great!

    I went and saw the incredibles...we liked it very much...and I think generally there are a few of those in every theater...(not mine though!!)

    have a wonderful thanksgiving!!

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    What a fun time! I love knit excursions with my pals...they understand when you have to fondle the noro. I have some of that yarn...I totally understand it's power! :)

    Ugh..you reminded me I need to get the lead out on my market bag...:) yours looks great!

    I went and saw the incredibles...we liked it very much...and I think generally there are a few of those in every theater...(not mine though!!)

    have a wonderful thanksgiving!!

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Gracie said…

    Thank you so much Secret Pal! I just spent the gift certificate! Wasn't that fast?! (Ok, so I had been eyeing some yarn and I snatched it up!)

    Thanks for being a great pal!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Gracie

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe I finally got to leave a post. I am having sooo much trouble posting a comment on your blog...oh well, I don't understand.

    I just wanted to say that Perfect days are sooo rare to come by. It is so wonderful that you could experience one. :-)

    Eilene
    http://eiknit.typepad.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines