Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Monday, November 01, 2004

The WIPing Couch

At some point yesterday, I looked at the loveseat in my living room, and realized that it ha become home to all my WIPs. I don't know when I gave up on putting each WIP in its own little bag, but my organizing muscles have obviously atrophied.

See what I mean?

What you see is a drop stitch scarf I finished during The Spanking, a rose colored hat I CO today, a skein of fluffy green loveliness sent to me by my SPIII Secret Pal, a skein of cashmere blend yarn that will become a scarf for Mike (to replace the one he lost in Colorado last week), the remnants of the yarn for the drop stitch scarf, a skein of sock yarn (fyi - do not CO for your first sock, especially a child's size sock, when you've been enjoying Old Speckled Hen with your football games, it can only end in tragedy), and my aunt's Harlot poncho, for which I have run out of yarn. Sigh.

Maybe I should call it The Shame Couch.

I am really itching to begin work on some more difficult projects, but right now I am in serious Christmas gift knitting mode. This means that I have too many people to knit for and not enough time to make sweaters for me. So, there will be Booga Bags, hats, mittens, scarves, and maybe a French Market Bag or two, but no sweaters until after the new year.

I should show you the FO pic now so you will know that I do actually finish projects:

I apologize for the glare, and the yarn is really much greener than the picture shows. I am a fan of the drop stitch pattern.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about my G'pa story and my new hairdo. I've had a lot of G'pa stories on my mind lately, and I hope to share one with you now and then.

Have you read some of the great Halloween stories chronicled by our fellow knitbloggers? Here are a few of my favorite:

Amie, of RosebyAny, didn't get trick-or-treaters, but did confront her stash,

The Bookish Girl had a smashing Halloween/Housewarming party,

Amy, of The Boogie Knits, made two fabulous costumes,

but the scariest entry of all: Kay's entry on Mason-Dixon Knitting. I was sweating the whole time I read it.

I hope your Halloween was fun, and Happy November!

8 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jackie said…

    Hey there! It was lonely here without you neighbor, I'm glad you're back. :) Seems like you have a lot to keep you busy the next month or so, it's always good to have options on what to work on. (See, doesn't 'options' sound so much better than 'unfinished'? It's all perspecitve...)

    Jackie

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Jackie said…

    Oh, and do you have a button so I can add you to my page? I can always just link the text, but I wanted to check first.

    Thanks!

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    Dude, guess what I'm eating at this very moment - Yucatan Tacos...yummmmm.

    Email me (wendyroemerathotmaildotcom) and we can discuss the Anniversary Dinner. I don't know what to bring!

    Love the WIP couch. How does The Boy feel about that one? I suspect he's graciously kind and patient...just like mine!


    -Wendy
    www.thebookishgirl.blogspot.com

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    Dude, guess what I'm eating at this very moment - Yucatan Tacos...yummmmm.

    Email me (wendyroemerathotmaildotcom) and we can discuss the Anniversary Dinner. I don't know what to bring!

    Love the WIP couch. How does The Boy feel about that one? I suspect he's graciously kind and patient...just like mine!


    -Wendy
    www.thebookishgirl.blogspot.com

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger um said…

    hey, it could be worse. it's the WIPing couch, and not the "wiping" couch. now that might be a little weird. and gross. *giggle*

    good luck with all your christmas projects. i have yet to really begin those. there are way too many birthdays in november!!!

    have a good day/nite!

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Jackie said…

    I was waiting for a new post to respond to, but you must be busy this week :) Anyway, I don't go to a group yet, but I've been lurking on the SNB mailing list, still trying to figure out which night and location will work best for me. Do you go to one?

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger melanie said…

    Hey, I have a WIP couch too! Thanks for stopping by melanoma uberalis. Do you go to one of the S&B's around Boston? I occasionally make it to Circles and to Knitsmiths...but it's a bit of a trek for me.

    www.msmelanie.blogspot.com

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Knittens said…

    I had a growing WIP living room until recently. I did some apartment rearranging and my wips now have a home in a dresser turned stash controller - well for now at least. When I told DH that I was cleaning up my stash, all he could say was "stay away from the fricken TV" - nice.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. Can you tell me more about bloglines? (megfahren@gmail.com) I'm interested to hear about it!

    Also, where is the French Market Bag found?

    And finally, I like your drop stitch... scarf? is it a scarf? i think you siad it was.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines