Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Friday, November 12, 2004

Recovery Through Retail Therapy

Oh, did I mention that I received two lovely packages this week? Or that I did a *little* shopping? Hmm, I'm really surprised I forgot to tell you about that.

Do you remember that I won a certain contest hosted by the fabulous Amy Boogie? Well, when I arrived at work yesterday, my yarn and sheepy mug were waiting for me, along with a lovely little note from Ms. Boogie herself.

The picture below shows you both yarn (I could never describe how gorgeous this yarn is, but trust me, it's amazing, fabulous stuff) and mug (my own sheepy mug, I am the coolest girl in my house). Sharing the picture are my other purchases, the new Interweave Knits and "Stitch 'N Bitch Nation" - an under the weather girl requires ample reading material, no?

Doesn't that yarn remind you of summer?

Okay, it's a staged photo, but in real life, I carry that skein of yarn around, and in one day I've used my sheepy mug for two cups of coffee and two mugs of tea (interesting how a mug becomes a cup becomes a mug again, hmm?).

My other package was my spinning kit from Inspiration Yarns. This was my first online fiber purchase, and it was a great experience. In addition to offering this lovely beginner's spinning kit for a great price, she's got beautiful yarns in lovely colorways. If you'd like to support an independent businesswoman, or if you just want great customer service and great products, then you should really check her out.



I want to thank you for the comments to the FMB Upset. Ann suggested a new name for the French Market Bag - the Friggin' Market Bag. I LMAO when I read that and immediately rechristened the bag. Ann also wondered exactly how many stitches you have to have on the needles before it's officially frogging, LOL. Of course, now that I have The Yarn from Amy, I want to punish the FMB by ignoring it completely and making myself a rockin' pair of mittens or a hat or both.

And even though my lovely commenters hadn't been humiliated by their knitting, they were supportive and said that it could happen.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and happy knitting!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    Eh-hem, aren't you the ONLY girl in your house?!
    ;)

    Just had to point that out,
    Wendy "the coolest girl in her house" (and yes, the dogs count as girls....)

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Knittens said…

    I LOVE your sheepy mug! I'm totally jealous. I bet it fits hot cocoa just perfect!

    The yarn is amazing, and thanks for the pictures on the fiber (and link!) I like spinning, I'm going to check it out!

    Have a great weekend! FEEEEL BETTER (shop more and eat chocolate, it will probably help a ton)

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger knittygirl said…

    I, too, am jealous of the sheepy mug! Maybe Santa will bring me one. I've been thinking about ordering a drop spindle, it looks like so much fun! I did order the "mystery sock kit" from Inspiration Yarns, it should be arriving in the next week or so, I think. I've been reading the new IK, and I love it.

     
  • At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great mug and fantastic buys!
    froggyknits.com

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Ooo... I am hoping to get SnB Nation this weekend... or maybe on Monday. Can't wait!

    I can't wait to start spinning--I got a beautiful spindle and some roving, but my free lesson, promised by another great blogger (RoseByAny) is not scheduled yet (mainly due to me not having any time...)

    Have fun with your new stuff, Elisa :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines