Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Friday, November 19, 2004

Oh, It's Friday Already?

Or, It's About Freakin' Time

It hasn't been a bad week here at Tongue Tied Muse, really. In fact, aside from Mike having the nastiness this week, it's been a pretty good week. But you see I'm like a little kid and when I have something exciting to look forward to - I can be a *little* impatient. Shut up. I said little and I meant it. Why am I impatient? Well, because tomorrow I get to do something excellent: I'm meeting Jackie of The JKC Project for the first time in RL, and we're then meeting up with Her Bookishness and Keiko for brunch (get this, at a restaurant across the hall from a yarn shop) and then shopping at said yarn shop, and then a Kitchener Stitch demonstration by moi and hopefully a cable demonstration by Wendy, and then some knitting and, I'm certain, lots of great conversation. You understand now why I'm a little impatient?

Okay, first things second. I got a terrific gift from my KRII Secret Pal. I still haven't figured out how she got all the yarn she sent me into such a small box (I think maybe she's magic) but who boy, what a generous secret pal:


That's 3 balls of a gorgeous Himalayan recycled silk, one skein of Berocco Zen in a gorgeous white, a skein of yarn that *she recycled herself* from a silk thrift store sweater score, also white, also gorgeous, and then a skein of the most fascinating ribbon yarn by Gedifra called Clou. Also in the box (not pictured, sorry) was a copy of Annie Modesitt's "Confessions of a Knitting Heretic". Thank you Secret Pal, you really blew me away - it was a gorgeous little package full of lovely things.

I've got two FOs for this week, but um, I only took a picture of one because I completely forgot about the other until just now. I'll post a picture of the second FO later this weekend, but for now I give you:


Harlot Poncho for my Aunt. No, there will be no fringe. She is not a fringe kind of gal. The specs - the Harlot's poncho pattern, plus 5 skeins of Mission Falls 1824 wool in 027 Macaw. I really loved that stuff and can't wait to use it for something else. This picture was a real pain in the ass to take, and I still don't think I came close to capturing the depth and richness of the green, so maybe I'll take an action shot ala Froggy later and see if that helps. If nothing else, it'll be more interesting than a picture of my green poncho/brown towel/green carpet, no?

I also cast on for another Sophie bag. No, I don't have a problem. I can stop making felted bags any time. Just back off.

12 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    I will definitely teach you cables. You'll be amazed at how easy and impressive they are. Really. I'm looking forward to tomorrow as well. A grumpy day today will be made better with a fun visit tomorrow!

    -Wendy
    www.thebookishgirl.blogspot.com

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger melanie said…

    Tomorrow sounds lovely - have a great time! LOVE THE CABLES. I don't know if you're on the S&B yahoo group for Boston, but there are two people in Southie looking to start an S&B. One is a Jackie C. from Southie. If this is the very same Jackie you are meeting tomorrow, well AINT THAT A COINKIDINK! If not, let me know and I can forward you the emails...

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger melanie said…

    One more thing - let me know if you guys pick a spot for a Southie S&B, I'm sure my ex-roomie and her friends would be interested. If it was a weeknight or a Saturday, I might even be able to drop by every now and then. Would love to meet you!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Amie said…

    Ooohh... that's a nice gift! Do you have plans for it, because if not, I can come up with something if you want to send it down here! ;)

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    It's not really a problem, it's more like a fetish. A felted bag fetish...

    It's a shame that cameras can't do yarn justice - the poncho looks great, but I would love to see how the color *really* looks!

    I'm so excited about tomorrow - I've been looking forward to it all week too. Cables AND the Kitchener Stitch?? I mean how can you go wrong???

    Thanks for the head's up about the North Quincy group, really I'm trying to get a group together that I can walk to, so if I'm home from work, I can leave to go to the group and have it not be a big deal.

    And to Michelle, hi! I am one and the same person as the Jackie C on the SNB list :) It looks like we might have a fledgling Southie group starting - fingers crossed!

    So Elisa, see you tomorrow at 10:15!

    Jackie

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    have fun tomorrow ladies! what yarn store are you going to?

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know if I remembered to tell you that the Himalayan wool/silk is supposed to felt really nicely too. Glad you like!
    krspIIpal

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger um said…

    oh, your saturday sounds better than mine. i have no plans. may i please enjoy your knitting day vicariously through you? you won't even notice. i am a small vicar. that made no sense.

    anyway. whoa! nice krsp present. i love all the colors!

    and who says you need to stop working on felted bags!??! not me. i think they're fun and easy and the impressive quotient is mega high. that's what it's all about.

    your harlot poncho is beautiful! such nice, even stitching! so you'd recommend the mission falls? they sell it at a lys but i'd never worked with it before and want to make the same poncho for my dd. hope mine comes out as smoothly as yours did!

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    HI ELISA! :) I have missed you! What a fun day you have planned--can't wait to hear the details--take pics!

    Lovely Harlot poncho, I know your aunt will love it (who wouldn't?). I like it without the fringe better.

    You got such great presents--love the recycled silk.

    Take care and have a great weekend! :)

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yummy stash and what a great gift. i'll have to try some of that mission falls. and can't wait to see what your knit up with the stash.

    and an action shot is def in order.
    froggyknits.com

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger melanie said…

    Have I set the record yet for most comments in one entry? The Southie thing is on Tuesdays, right? I can probably make it every once in a while. I'll definitely let you know though. When do you start?

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Thanks for your comments on my blog! I'm feeling so much better now. I'm glad you are as well, and I hope Mike is feeling better soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines