Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

My Weekend

The (not so, so I guess this means un-) abridged version.

The third best reason I have for moving to the East Coast is finding out about rice pilaf. Rice pilaf makes every one of Mike's family gatherings fantastic. I can always count on someone making pilaf, and they always leave some for me, because, as a vegetarian, what else am I going to eat? (If you say salad, I'll shove a carrot down your throat.)

I'm telling you about pilaf because that's where this story begins: with Thanksgiving. I had pilaf. Mike's brother M and SIL C brought the really good wine so I had both pilaf and really good wine. /Thanksgiving.

Next stop - a trip to shout out land. A big thank you shout out to Michelle, who actually responded to an SOS from me on Thanksgiving and is responsible for the non-wonky background image. Thank you, Michelle. I am so glad you're my blog-friend.

Moving on to Friday, here's what I did:



Which turned into this:

Bath time!

And then I added the clean yarn to this:

(Ignore the wood paneling, okay? Thanks.)

And ended up with this (with apologies to Keiko for not including her in the festivities, but she was in New Jersey and I needed instant gratification.):


Repeat 3 times and that takes care of Friday.

Mike and I ran some errands and did a little shopping on Saturday but it isn't terribly blogworthy, sorry.

Early Sunday morning Mike left for a business trip to Chicago and I did a bunch of stuff which resulted in this:


And finally, this:


Wendy and Keiko came over for dinner and we had a fabulous time. The lovely Jackie was conspicuously absent, so I won't talk too much about how much fun it was doing knit math with Wendy and listening to Keiko and Wendy discuss the merits of metric knitting patterns. No. I won't talk about those things. Or the fact that Wendy's Heart Scarf (from the Knitty Fall Surprise) was so beautiful that I had to buy some yarn tonight do start one of my own, though this yarn purchase may have *something* to do with needing some retail therapy, and the best therapy I could think of involved petting beautiful yarn. I also won't talk about learning how to do a three needle BO and getting the encouragement I needed to actually block and, ahem, finish, the Very, Very, Very, Bad, Bad, Sweater. Thanks again for coming over girls. It was a fine time.

I want to take a minute to thank everyone who responded to my Thanksgiving post. The thoughtful comments you left meant a great deal to me and reinforce the reasons why I am so thankful for all my blog-friends (and those blog friends who have become RL friends, and those RL friends who now have blogs, oh boy, am I thankful).

Now I only have one question for you: Is it Friday yet?

Happy Knitting all.

20 Comments:

  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Hi Elisa! :) It looks like you three had a great time! Nothing like getting together with the "knitsters".

    The Kool-Aid yarn is so pretty! What is the original yarn that you dyed? I like the way it looks a lot! :)

    Hope your week is going well--but of course, we are all waiting for the weekend :)

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger um said…

    oh elisa, i feel horrible! i sent you a thanksgiving e-card, and i think it said "turkey day." i didn't know you were a vegetarian. i'm sorry!

    rice pilaf is indeed yummeh. do they make it with the slivered almonds in it? i love it with the almonds, b/c they get soft and just so, well, yummeh.

    your kool-aid yarn turned out gorgeous! i like the 2nd picture - it looks like spaghetti cooking, but it's like the spaghetti is just a little odd. what will you use this beautiful yarn for?

    i only learned how to do a 3-needle bind off this october when doing the hallowig. it's fun to learn these new techniques that have ominous names, only to discover that they're really very friendly techniques after all.

    thanks for the shout out, and for the sweet comments on my blog! you're awesome!

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    rice pilaf is good...good...good. Glad to see the pilaf lovers come out of the cabinets!

    I loved the pic of getting together with knitting buds. I love my thursday nites with my knit pals...and its so great to be able to have hours of knitting conversation without someone begging for a new topic! Knitters understand!

    love the kid silk scarf, by the way.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Gracie said…

    Happy Wednesday! Let's hope Friday comes quickly!

    It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving!

    I'm off to work! Have a great day!

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Amie said…

    It's getting close to Friday - hang in there! I feel like I've been run down by bears (but oddly, friendly bears) - it's been such a crazy but good week!

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger melanie said…

    Hey Elisa, Question - how do you put the buttons over there on the sidebar? I'd like to do that but don't know how... Thanks!

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger knittygirl said…

    Hi Elisa-
    My secret pal, Kai (who I've been sending stuff to) just emailed me and said that she used to be your secret pal! It really is a small world, I guess! that secret pal thing was so much fun!
    Kerry

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just got your package! Thank you so so much! I love it! I have been looking for the Knitting Goddess book and I can't wait to curl up and read it!

    Thanks for being a great Secret Pal!

    Hang in there until Friday!

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger knittygirl said…

    Elisa,
    I still don't know who my SP is. I haven't heard from her in a while, and I don't know who it is, so I can't thank her! I'm not very good at waiting!
    Kerry

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Help me Dude, I'm lost.

    I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

    No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

    He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

    But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

    Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

    And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

    "You give me love and consolation,
    You give me strength to carry on "

    Strange day or what? :-)

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

    I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Anonymous carpentry wood working said…

    Hi Elisa, your blog is creative. Wow! As I was out blog surfing for detailed info on beginner wood working projects I found you rpage. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I did. If you would not mind, I would like to post your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need
    it, there's lots of information on this site about beginner wood working projects.

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous simple wood working projects said…

    Hi Elisa, your blog is creative. Wow! As I was out blog surfing for detailed info on wood working dust collector I found you rpage. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I did. If you would not mind, I would like to post your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need
    it, there's lots of information on this site about wood working dust collector.

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Anonymous wood working dust collector said…

    Hi Elisa, your blog is creative. Wow! As I was out blog surfing for detailed info on wood working dust collector I found you rpage. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I did. If you would not mind, I would like to post your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need
    it, there's lots of information on this site about wood working dust collector.

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Anonymous wood working for kids said…

    Hi Elisa, your blog is creative. Wow! As I was out blog surfing for detailed info on carpentry wood working I found you rpage. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I did. If you would not mind, I would like to post your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need
    it, there's lots of information on this site about carpentry wood working.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just came across your blog about communication problems in relationships and wanted to drop you a note telling you how much I enjoy reading the stuff you are posting here. I also have a web site about communication problems in relationships so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the world wide web!

    greets,

    Frank

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Anonymous simple wood working projects said…

    Hi Elisa, your blog is creative. Wow! As I was out blog surfing for detailed info on wood working for kids I found you rpage. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I did. If you would not mind, I would like to post your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need
    it, there's lots of information on this site about wood working for kids.

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Anonymous wood working dust collector said…

    Hi Elisa, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on old wood working tools I ended up on your page. As your this post is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to post your link on my "favorites" page. Should you ever need
    information about old wood working tools, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines