Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Monday, November 08, 2004

Daytime TV Is Strange

Or, yes, I am home sick today.

By yesterday, I was unable to deny that I had "something", so I stayed in my pajamas, knit and watched football all day. How, you ask, is that any different from any other Sunday is Pajama Day? In truth, it wasn't very different, except there was no beer involved, quite a lot of tissue, and lots of general ooginess.

Although I didn't have the cognitive powers to blog yesterday, I was a productive member of the knitting society.

Please say hello to Sophie (pre-felted, as I didn't have the energy to run up and down the stairs to our washing machine, either):

I found the Sophie pattern quite easy to follow and used the Kitchener stitch for the first time. I used the skein of Cascade 220 that my SP III Secret Pal sent me (thanks again, Secret Pal!).

And the little guy peaking out above Sophie? Well, that's the teddy bear finger puppet I mentioned on Thursday. Here he is again:
It isn't the best embroidery you'll ever see, but I think he's pretty cute.

I did go to the Circles Anniversary Potluck on Saturday, and it was great fun. When I arrived, my friends Keiko and Nao were there, and then a little later, Wendy, The Bookish Girl, arrived. This was the first time I had actually "met" Wendy, and she was just as charming and witty in person as you would expect*, and I was thrilled to meet her. I had to leave rather early, but I thoroughly enjoyed knitting and chatting with Wendy and the other women who were at the potluck. I can't wait until Circles turns two!

In addition to finishing Sophie and the Mr. Finger Puppet, I finished the I-cord for Booga 2, wove in the ends of the green drop-stitch scarf, and cast on for my French Market Bag. My list of Christmas gifts to knit is slowly getting shorter...

Okay, lovely folks, I am running out of steam, so I am going to sign off and go a-searching for something to watch on TV, although I may just end up watching one of my standard sick-girl favorites: Foul Play, The Fifth Element, The Big Lebowski, or Fight Club.

Do you have movies you like to watch when you are sick?

Have a great week, all, and happy knitting!

*And her real head is even cuter than the Curious George head in her blogger profile pic. ;)

9 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry to hear that you are sick, Elisa. And congratulation on finishig your Sophie! :-)

    Since you are a sick girl, I only have one minor request... is it possible for you to use different picture of me when you mention my name on your future blog!? Not that I'm beautiful person or anything, but the picture was taken when I was sweating & grilling with my bad-hair day... :-(

    Hope you'll be feeling better soon!
    Keiko

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Knittens said…

    Well, I must say... Sophie is beautiful! What a great bag! It looks like it was a quick knit!

    Also, the finger puppet is so so so so cute! Maybe I should knit some for my niece.... no no no, I must work on FINISHING objects, seeing as I'm already a pro at planning them!

    I hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks, for sure.

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful Booga! I can't wait to see how it looks post-felting (pre-felting it looks daaaarrrrn good).

    Sorry to hear that you're sick. I think action movies make great "Sick icky sick" movies because you forget about being so miserable. Do you ever watch late-nite (2-5 am) tv? My favorite bad late-nite tv program is "She Spies" which is so funny. It's kinda like Pamela Anderson's old show "VIP" except more fun, at least at 3 am on a Saturday night. I think the lowest I've ever been reduced to for bad late nite tv is the show "Lexx" which is just... so bad it really shouldn't see the light of day.

    Hope you feel better soon.
    -Secret Pal SPIII

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    Ahhh.... the Big Lebowski. It's probably a whole post in itself. 3 or 4 years ago, we (Eric, really) actually threw a Big Lebowski party, replete with white russians and green toenails. For me, it's in the top 3 for sick movies, flanked by Lost in Translation and Kill Bill.

    I hope you feel better soon, and that you're enjoying your day off (as best you can....) I'm amazed at how quickly you're zipping through projects! Didn't you just start the Sophie bag? It looks great. Have you broken into the spinning kit yet??

    Jackie

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger um said…

    oh, i'm so envious that your yet-to-knit-for-christmas list is dwindling, but i'm also happy for you! i love the sophie bag, particularly the color you chose. it's like a big plum bag, and i love that!

    foul play's a cool movie, although i can't take the scene near the end where the bad guy falls off the balcony or a beam onto the stage, and his legs kind of spring back and break. blech!

    elisa, i hope i didn't offend you with my "wiping couch" comment. i have an off the wall sense of humor, so i'm sorry if i grossed you out!

    i hope you feel better!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger um said…

    thanks for your comment :) i'm used to my husband just accepting my humor with a rolled eye and a chuckle, so i'm glad i didn't gross you out!

    i forgot to answer the movie question - i'd have to say my favorite "I'm sick" movies would be tootsie (i have a huge crush on dustin hoffman, despite his age), gone with the wind, or maybe sabrina (the new version).

    i admire your drop stitch scarf and want to try it with my ggh yarn. have a good day!

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger knittygirl said…

    Sophie looks great, and the finger puppet is so cute! I need to get a move on with these bags, as I'd like to give a couple for gifts this year.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    I love the little puppet. So darn cute. I'm so glad you think I look a lot cuter than Curious George...I was nervous there for a bit ;)

    Let's work on scheduling at time for a knit meetup. Our knit night at Village Books on Thursdays is always an option. So are Sunday Football games (we have Sunday Ticket.)

    Just in case you didn't see the response to the commment you left on my site (I'm always confused where to respond to these): yes, that is the pattern I was talking about....you can do it! Cables are easy peesey!

    -Wendy
    www.thebookishgirl.blogspot.com

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    Just checking in to see if your feeling better. I would have to add - Ferris Bueller's Day Off to the sick movie list. It's like the mother of all sick movies. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines