Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Catching Up

I didn't post on Tuesday because as I started to see the election results trickle in, the hopefulness I had that Kerry would be elected was extinguished, and I knew that whatever I said wouldn't be thoughtful, it would just be bitter.

I didn't post yesterday because I didn't really know what to say.

Today I will just say this: I am very thankful for the 22nd Amendment.

I've done some fidgety knitting over the past few days. I made a teddy bear finger puppet (I'll post a pic once I get some black embroidery thread and finish the nose and mouth) and this morning I cast on for a Sophie bag. As I have always been a firm believer in the power of retail therapy, I went both Tuesday and today to A Good Yarn in Brookline Village and bought various DK weight yarns to make more finger puppets, plus a skein of Cascade 220 in a beautiful deep blue (psst Amie, no green!) to make a second Sophie bag.

Speaking of retail therapy - do you want to see what I bought today? See if you can resist.

There is some good election news: I won the grand prize in The Boogie Knits election! I get one of Amy's beautiful sheepy mugs *giggles* and Amy gave me a choice between some of her gorgeous handspun or her beautiful roving...I chose her handspun, because I am afraid I'd never do the roving justice. I'm already looking around my house trying to find the perfect place to put the handspun when it arrives...rest assured, it will be a place of honor. :) Amy's contest was brilliant, and I loved every single minute of it.

I must tell you that I am quite excited for the weekend. On Saturday, I am going with my friends Keiko and Nao to the one year anniversary celebration of Circles, one of my favorite LYS, and with any luck, I'll get to meet The Bookish Girl. How cool is that?

Okay - one more thing. If you read no other post-election blog entry, I'd ask that you read this one. I'm waiting for the America Show, too.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    You won! You won! You won! At least someone I like won something this week.

    Have not been to A Good Yarn yet. I will have to add it to the list. My husband is over in that area every day. Hmmmmm, note to self: throw hints his way.

    I'm looking forward to "meeting you" (I kind of feel like it's a blind date ;).) Are those misplaced quotation marks?!

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    Ah, yes, the beauty of the blonde, highlighted ponytail. Often twisted into a bun, right? How could I forget such a staple of Boston fashion... :)

    I too, am a strong believer in retail therapy, and I don't know if I can rationally explain my giddy joy upon clicking the link and seeing a beginner's spinning kit for only $15. I've only been knitting a couple of months, and over the past few weeks my vague thoughts of someday learning to spin and dye are turning into a more burning desire to give it a try. I think it's a contagious disease spread via blog. I can't wait to hear how learning to spin goes with you, and who knows, maybe I'll have a little kit in the mail soon...

    And, I would love to meet you and Wendy sometime, and really I'm overdue to check out Circles. I'm so glad to be making knitting friends!

    Jackie

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Martheme said…

    Hi Elisa,

    I can't wait to hear what you think of the spindle kits! They are a new addtion and you were one of the first 3 orders! If you need help, I do go to some of the local SnB stuff, right now ususally Saugus every other Monday, but I could meet you sometime at one of the other meetings . . . Let me know if you do need help and we'll set something up!

    By the way, just added a whole bunch of other fiber packs and now the handpainted fibers . . . . ;)

    Happy Spinning!

    Martheme

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines