Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Sundays Are Pajama Days at My House

During football season especially, I don't find many reasons to leave the house on Sundays, so I am declaring Sundays official Pajama Day. Don't get me wrong, Pajama Day still involves taking a shower, brushing my teeth, and all that good stuff, it's just that instead of putting on jeans and blowdrying my hair, I put on a new lounging outfit (read sweatpants) and spritz in a leave-in conditioner. Let me tell you, it isn't a bad way to spend a day.

Yesterday I went to my local Goodwill store and picked up four sweaters and two books. One of the sweaters is a 100% silk black Ann Taylor cardigan (huge score), and these are the others:


The top two sweaters are both mohair/angora blends, and the bottom is 100% wool. Now I just need to find a good article on recycling the yarn.

I felted my Booga Bag tonight, and it is drying as I type. I've already CO for the bottom of a second Booga because they are very easy and very fun to knit.

The posts and pictures from Rhinebeck attendees are already cropping up and boy, it looks like it was as good as I thought it would be. I am looking forward to reading everyone's accounts of the weekend. No really, I am.

Okay, I can't put it off any longer. I have to go watch the Yankees/Red Sox game now.

Happy knitting everyone!



9 Comments:

  • At 1:24 AM, Blogger Tam said…

    And what a game that was!

    PJ day sounds like a wonderful idea!

     
  • At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    pajama day is just great and score on the sweaters. i can't wait to see what you choose to knit.
    froggyknits.com

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    I have an article at home. I pulled it off of the web awhile back. I'll try to remember to look at it tonight. It was a really good one.

    We love Sundays at our house too! Husband was able to get NFL Sunday Ticket this year - a treat for him for putting up with me ;). We get to watch all kinds of games, even the Browns. Gives me an excuse to knit all day. Yesterday was an exception though - lots of painting was done instead. Blech.

    -Wendy
    www.thebookishgirl.blogspot.com

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Jackie said…

    What a game! You're right about calling in (my boss was an hour late, if only I had known...) but seriously, it was way easier to come in this morning after a great game, than the alternative.

    (I'm afraid to say more.)

    I also think it's a fantastic idea to scrounge Goodwill for yarn. I've never heard of that before, but now that I read your post, I can't believe I haven't come across it yet. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out for you.

    Oh, and I justify my Sunday lazy day by saying that it's healthier for my hair if I give it a day off from blowdrying. It's so nice to go au natural for the day.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kaitlin said…

    Here's an article on recycling yarn from sweaters: http://www.livejournal.com/users/neau/7653.html hope it helps!

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.thekittyzoo.com/recycledyarn.html

    -secret pal

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger um said…

    hey elisa! your booga bag looks awesome - can't wait to see it felted! i've started working on one during the vaca and am enjoying it 158%. and woohoo, recycling yarn is cool - i'm always giving props to lauren for doing that. it's too cool! can't wait to see how much yarn you get out of the sweaters and what you're gonna make with it! :)

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    Well, it looks like your Secret Pal listed it first! Go Secret Pal. I can't get the page to come up. I do have a hard copy if you get into a jam.

    -Wendy
    www.thebookishgirl.blogspot.com

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Sorry I was late to the party... love the new sweaters you got. The mohair/angora blends might be a little challenge, but I heard a good hint that might help out. I have not tried it yet, but it makes sense. If the mohair is sticking together a lot and you cannot get it apart, put it in the freezer overnight and it should be good the next morning. (do not wet it or anything, just freeze).

    I looked this up after I had problems unraveling one of the mohair sweaters I got at the thrift store last week... unfortunately I have not gotten around to it yet, but soon!

    Good luck, and you got some great unraveling stuff! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines