Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Monday, October 18, 2004

Mail? For Me?

Or, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.

I'm not sure what the two have in common either, except I'm feeling a little loopy due to sleep deprivation and the emotional drain that comes with being a Red Sox fan. I can't say anything else about the Red Sox. In fact, I should probably stop even thinking about them.

But I was talking about mail. Or I wasn't, but I meant to. I came home to a wonderful gift from my Knitter's Review II Secret Pal.


Cutest Denim Bag Ever. Can you see the brown polka dot lining and the yarn embroidery?

And inside:


A close up of the cutest sushi stitch markers you EVER did see:


What a great gift to come home to, aside from Mike, of course. :) Thank you very much, Secret Pal, for the very thoughtful gift. The embroidery is so wonderful - am I correct in assuming you did it yourself? Just adorable. I'm a very lucky girl, erm, woman, ahem, lady, gak, girl.

I also want to say thank you to Kaitlin, Wendy, and my Secret Pal, for the links and general help regarding recycling yarn. After I finish this post, I will be off to do some research.

I credit Lolly for the yarn recycling idea. She has recycled some great sweaters, and she's also dyed the wool afterwards! She's just cool like that.

The Booga is almost finished blocking, and I can't wait for it to be completely dry:

Michelle mentioned that she is really enjoying knitting her Booga, and I completely understand. If you're a girl, and a friend of mine, it is quite possible that you will receive a Booga from me for Christmas. I hope you like them. I certainly like knitting them.

So, before I head off to watch the rest of The Baseball Game That Must Not Be Mentioned, I just want to say thank you again to my KR II Secret Pal and to the lovely ladies of the comments. You have all helped to make a lovely day even lovelier.

Happy Knitting!

10 Comments:

  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Tam said…

    The Booga Bag looks great! And they are addictive. There, you've been warned! =)

    Can't wait to see the finished Booga!

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what an awesome present and your booga bag looks great!
    froggyknits.com

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Hello Elisa~ love the denim bag! I bet I know what you will use it for... the real question is: red tote or denim bag? You have so much variety! :)

    Love the Booga bag! I need to make one of those sometime... maybe with my recycled yarn--thanks for giving me props girl, you are too sweet!

    Take care!

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger jenifleur said…

    Thanks for stopping by our blog the other day! You're one lucky secret pal er...recipient. That bag is pretty darn cool. Love the booga!

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you like! I embroidered the bag with a pattern from Sublime Stitching (the Craftopia patterns). Totally worth stabbing myself in the thumb by accident (I can't embroider and watch Law & Order at the same time).

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Knittens said…

    Love the bag you got! also love the look of the booga. I'm already knitting my fourth right now. they are SO fast and SO fun and SO gratifying. who couldnt love that?!?!

    Also love the stitch markers, mmmm sushi

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elisa...Thank you for one of the sweetest comments on my blog...ever! :-)

    Your Booga bag looks fantastic. I really need to make one of those. I'm one of a very few that has not knit one up yet & it is a great looking bag. Your SP gift is awesome. LOVE that bag! And the stitch markers.

    Have a great day!
    Eilene
    http://eiknit.typepad.com

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I like the colors of your booga bag, and I adore your sushi markers! Lucky you!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger knittygirl said…

    Wow, what a terrific SP gift! I can't believe I haven't made a booga bag yet. Now I feel like I MUST knit one!

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    I am so glad you have found the glory of Yucatan Tacos. The owners are awesome...and oh, the food. I mean really this is the best stuff I've come across since moving to Boston.

    I'll keep my eye out for the denim bag on the Orange Line.

    ;)


    -Wendy
    www.thebookishgirl.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines