Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Thursday, October 07, 2004

I Think You Should Come to Boston

No, really, I think you should. It's a fun little town, and there are some terrific yarn stores. So, you just come visit, we'll eat some great food, and play with yarn. Just let me know when you're coming, okay?

Thanks for the great comments - no, I didn't try the scrapple, but I was very glad to have Mike try it. I like having other people do things I won't do...which includes things like eating scrapple. When you come visit, I'll probably try and get you to do things I don't want to do. But you'll like it - it'll be lots of fun.

I still have a rosy glow from my lovely weekend in Maryland, and when I look at these items, it just increases the warm, rosy glowiness:



On the left we have four skeins of Noro Kureyon, purchased at Ye Olde Knit Shoppe in Havre de Grace. Their prices weren't terrific compared to what I've been able to find in Boston, and they didn't have any yarns I haven't seen before, but the Kureyon was a good price, and I got an additional 10% off because it was my birthday. Score for me!

On the right we have two skeins of a wool/mohair/silk blend was $8.50/skein for about 250 yards. I purchased that green loveliness at Vulcan's Rest Fibers in Chesapeake City and the store was really wonderful. The prices were excellent, they had lots of books and things I'd never seen before, and I only wish I would have had more time there. With any luck, though, I'll be able to visit there again soon.

This is what I've been working on for the last couple of evenings:



It's the rolled brim hat from the Debbie Bliss "Baby Knits for Beginners" book. It was simple, if a little boring, to knit, but I'm really happy with the finished product. I've read that her sizing can be kind of wonky, but the hat, at least, is great.

I got a beautiful postcard from my Knitter's Review Secret Pal that is on my fridge for me to look at all the time, and I got an email from my SPIII Secret Pal that there's a package on the way for me! Just thinking about it makes me want to giggle - I am SOOO excited. I just know that whatever she sends will be awesome. I have rad secret pals (hey, you know I grew up in California).

So, what are your plans for the long weekend? Are you coming to Boston? Just let me know, okay?

8 Comments:

  • At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you picked up some great yarn and that little hat is too cute! and if i'm ever up in the boston area, i'll check with you on shop info. hmmm, road trip.
    froggyknits.com

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Hey Elisa! Thanks for your encouraging words on my blog! You are so sweet! :)

    I want to come to Boston and visit! We were there about 2 years ago and it was SO great... I want to go again. Next time I do, I will definitely let you know!

    You got some nice goodies at the Maryland stores. I am not usually up in Northern MD, but I might check them out if their prices are as good as you say :)

    Your hat looks great! :)

    Talk to you soon sweetie~

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger um said…

    that hat is really cute! boston sounds like fun. i drove up to lowell two years ago to see a counting crows concert, but didn't get to go through boston at all. whatcha gonna make with the kureyon?

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Knittens said…

    Hey Elisa :)
    I miss Boston *so* much, especially around this time of year. In fact, DH and I have been toying with the idea of moving back up there! I hope hope hope, but it wouldnt happen for another year, at least.

    The yarn stores you visited sound so nice! I will look them up and take a trip to them *one day*!

    When DH and I visit Boston again (hopefully soooooon!) I will definitely look you up. I would love an afternoon of yummy Boston food and Boston yarn!

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Jackie said…

    Just wanted to stop by your page for a visit - happy belated birthday!

    You're too right about the whole rooting for the Sox thing. Cautious optimism is about all I'm willing to dare. Thanks for the comments!

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Amie said…

    I'm driving up there right now.

    Okay, not really. I'm packed full I think until after the New Year.

    But I WILL try to schedule in a trip to Vulcan's Rest - never even heard of it, and it's not far from here!

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm excited too! I keep on checking the tracking # :) I just remembered that it was Columbus Day this Monday (no time off for me) and the post office wouldn't be delivering so I hope it gets there tomorrow. *Sends Happy "Get there by Sat" thoughts to the Postal Service* As for the awesomeness, I happen to think so. You don't know how many times I almost absconded with all the items in your package at one time or another. It had to give me a stern talking to.

    Cute Hat!
    -Secret Pal

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Just drifted over from Froggy's blog. The frog-along sounds like a great idea *wink*. I'm game!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines