Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Everyone's Going to Rhinebeck But Me

Okay, I know that's not really true, but lots of people are going, and more than that, lots of really cool people are going. I feel like the kid who forgot to get her permission slip signed. Now all I get to do is stay in stupid Boston with all the stupid foliage and stupid yarn stores, and...alright, it really isn't so bad, is it? ;)

If you are wondering what I've been doing over the past few days, and you probably aren't, but just in case, here's a progress shot of my Booga Bag:



Uh, yes, that is wine with my Booga...Keiko came over yesterday and we took a field trip to Circles before we went to Anna's Taqueria and then we brought yarn and burritos back to my house, ate our yummy Mexican food (Anna's is the best taqueria I have found in Boston, btw), had a SnB group of two, and opened a bottle of wine that Keiko donated to the cause. No, I don't know what cause, but it was edifying just the same. It was an excellent evening, and I was able to get a lot done on Booga. I was able to do the BO on the train this morning and I've got a good 3 1/2' on the I-cord done. I'm hoping to finish the I-cord and the weaving in of ends during my commute and lunch tomorrow, and hopefully felting will happen tomorrow night. You see, I'll be home, able to felt because I won't be at Rhinebeck with you and all the other cool kids. No, I'm not bitter. Much. Well, not very much, I guess.

Thank you for the kind dentist visit commiseration comments - lucky for me I don't have to go back until March for my regularly scheduled cleaning.

A little shout out to my SP III Secret Pal: even though I don't get to go to Rhinebeck, I still feel like a cool kid with my snazzy red tote and my neat-o purple notions bag. I swear I think everyone is looking at my red tote and thinking "I could NEVER be as cool as that girl". Thanks again! Also, last night I made Keiko fondle the yarn you sent. ;)

If you haven't visited Knittens yet today, you should read her post for 10/14. I like it when neat things happen to neat people. And if you haven't visited Got Ewe In Stitches recently, Nancy's having a long week. If you have a moment, go to her blog and tell her a funny story. She's always sharing her great stories, so leave her a little comment and send a little of the ha-ha her way. It's the least you can do before you desert us (read me) to go to Rhinebeck.

Have a great time at Rhinebeck, please take photos, and try and look miserable in them.

Of course I'm kidding, silly - I want you to have a great time at Rhinebeck! Have a great weekend all!

11 Comments:

  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Omni said…

    I'm not sure what a Booga Bag IS, but yours is very pretty!! :-)

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Elisa darling! Beautiful Booga if I do say so myself! Love your color choices. I thought that wine and knitting went together like PB & J... they often do around here :)

    ...and you are right about the red tote... I totally want one, but I can NEVER be as cool as you!

    Have a fun weekend!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Knittens said…

    Hey Elisa :)
    Thanks for the shout out! It made me feel all fuzzy to see that in your blog!

    I love your booga. Those are the colors that I used for my Mother-in-laws. She LOVED it. I really like how yours is turning out.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    Okay...you may think this is psychotic. As well you should. I saw you on the orange line train this morning. I recognized the Red Bag! Well, first I saw that you were knitting a VERY long I-Cord and then I noticed the bag. And I thought to myself....I have seen that bag on a blog. Which blog could it be? It couldn't be the same person, could it? I get to work. Check my comments and there you are! Weird. I didn't say hello because all of this happened as I was getting off the train late for the commuter rail (not unusual for me). I'll be sure to pipe up and REALLY stalk you next time we cross paths. ;)

    -Wendy
    www.thebookishgirl.blogspot.com

    ps - Yucatan Tacos on the W. Roxbury/Roslindale line is miles above Anna's....

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Wow! Someone as famous as you (I mean, you were recognized from afar, weren't you?!) mentions little old me on her blog. You're too sweet!! :-)

    Thankfully the looooong week is almost over. And, I've justified a post-Friday workday shopping trip to celebrate. WooHoo!

    Hope you have a great weekend as well. (The booga bag is looking fantastic, by the way!)

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Jackie said…

    By the way, I totally feel the same way about Rhinebeck - everywhere you turn (okay, every blog I visit) says the same thing - Gone to Rhinebeck! It's like the Woodstock of knitting.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger mayflwr said…

    i know..that's all I hear about...but, I have NO IDEA what it is!!!!! poo..

    oooh, knitting, burritos and wine..sounds fabulous!

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's two red tote knitters who aren't at Rhinebeck. But that's okay. I'll just wait impatiently for the yarn harlot to come back and share her loads of goodies...
    I wonder if anyone in my SnB went...
    -Secret Pal

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger knittygirl said…

    Hi, Your booga bag is looking awesome! I really need to do one of those soon. My gryffindor scarf and I are having a "we didn't get to go to Rhinebeck pity party" tonight, so I can sympathize. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Bess said…

    Waaaah. I wanna go to Rhinebeck too. Hope we both get to go next year.

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i may have to go to anna's tonight ... damn you!

    maryse morici02135@yahoo.com
    http:/morici.typepad.com/bag_n_trash

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines