Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Monday, October 04, 2004

Back With an FO

First off - thank you for the wonderful birthday wishes. I had an awesome weekend, and I got home to your great comments, and well, since 3 out of 5 of you are in Maryland, I wish I could have gone right back to visit with each of you.

Mike and I got up at 3am sharp, and I knit in the car, in the airport, on the airplane, and at the bed and breakfast. There was a lot of frenzied knitting going on. To give Mike credit, he never, not once, looked at me strangely for knitting anywhere I could grab a second. In fact, more than once he said "Do you want me to take a picture?". If I had the time, I would have kissed him. ;)

Our dinner reservations were for 7pm in Baltimore at Corks. Having said that:


Do you see the time on the clock?

We made it to the restaurant on time, but what about the poncho???


It may be a ponchoette, which may make me a harlotette, but with some blocking, I think it'll work out just fine.

You may have noticed the flowers on table...oh, you didn't? Well, take a look at the picture above and you'll see that Mike had a gorgeous bouquet of flowers delivered to the restaurant for my birthday.

This is how they looked in our room the next morning (with the Susquehanna in the background, no less):



We stopped at a diner for breakfast yesterday:



I really love diners.

And I love Mike. For many, many reasons. One of the reasons I love him is that he'll try anything once. Mike's breakfast at The New Ideal Diner included scrapple:


It's creamier than meatloaf apparently. ;)

I managed to go to two LYS' while I was in Maryland, and I will post pictures from my LYS adventures tomorrow.

It was a tremendous weekend, and although I am glad to be home, I am looking forward to another trip to Maryland soon.

Have a wonderful, wonderful week.

8 Comments:

  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Your pictures are so GREAT! I really wish I could have met you while you were in my 'hood! There will be a next time... I need another excuse to g to Boston! :)

    Wow, you have a keeper! Flowers sent to the restaraunt, volunteering to take pics? what is next? laying out the red carpet!? *smile*

    Can't wait to see the new goodies you got at the stores down here...

    Talk to you soon, Elisa!!!!

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Silly me forgot to mention how *hot* you look in that poncho!!! Love the poncho, love the pink, and love you in it! :)

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have got a very romantic man there don't you? Lucky!! The flowers are beautiful. Hope you had a great birthday celebration.
    I love your Very Harlot poncho. I think I'm going to make that one also. It's the perfect size!! It looks great on you!!

    Eilene
    http://eiknit.typepad.com

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Amie said…

    Oh, come on now, did YOU try the scrapple? Yummy yummy! It's like sausage with the texture of mashed potatoes... I have a friend who moved to Mass who gets the stuff shipped in...

    Sorry we didn't get to see each other, but I'm glad your man treated your right on the celebration of your ability not to age at all!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger um said…

    your ponchette looks great! "you made it your own, dawg." sorry, some american idol slippage there.

    well, i'm glad mike had the hot sauce sitting next to the scrapple (or, as i call it, crapple. not very creative, just take away the "s"). that stuff smells horrible. i think i last had it in 1975, when we first moved to pennsylvania. did you give it a try? my dad loves it.

    glad you had a great time!

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Amy Boogie said…

    The poncho looks great!
    It sounds like you had a wonderful time. What a romantic guy you have and I love the "do you want me to take a picture"

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger Knittens said…

    I love the poncho! it looks so soft, and what a great color!

    It sounds like you really had a great weekend, a great birthday too. It sounds so romantic!

    Doesnt it feel great to finish an object on the road?? i love knitting in the car, and significant others never seem to mind!

    Cant wait to see LYS pictures!

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Your poncho looks great, and that pink is a really pretty color on you. :)

    Brave DH! I ♥ scrapple. I grew up with it, and love when I visit my parents b/c my mom always makes it for me. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines