Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Friday, October 22, 2004

Away For A Few Days

I received the call from my cousin Stephanie last night that my G'pa is failing and his doctors expect he'll only live for another few days, so I am leaving for California in the morning.

My aunt and my cousin have been telling my G'pa that it is okay for him to let go, but he's a fighter and he isn't ready to leave yet. I'm hoping he hangs on so that I can be with him a while, but if he doesn't, I'll be able to be there with my family, and that's very important, too.

I'm taking a lot of small, rather mindless projects with me to work on while I'm there because I will have a lot of time on the plane and at the hospital and I know I'll want to keep my hands busy but be able to have conversations. I'm taking the second Booga bag, yarn for a child's poncho, and maybe the yarn for a French Market Bag, I'm not sure yet.

Because music is so important to Mike, he is making a cd for me to bring with me as a small way for us to feel close to each other.

I'll be back on Wednesday evening and hopefully I will post on Thursday. I already miss my online friends.

Please send kind thoughts to my G'pa.




10 Comments:

  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Knittens said…

    Elisa,
    I'm sorry to hear about your G'pa, but I'm very happy that you are able to fly out there and be with him and your family. You'll be in my thoughts this weekend

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elisa...I'm so sorry about your Grandpa. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thank goodness for our knitting. I really think it helps ease the sadness and pain. Have a safe flight!

    Eilene
    http://eiknit.typepad.com

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Elisa,
    I know that you have been very concerned about your grandfather for awhile, and I am very glad that you will be able to go and spend some days with him in California. I hope for the best with him, and I wish you a safe flight. I will keep you and your sweet grandpa in my thoughts. Take care.

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *Hugs*
    -Secret Pal

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger um said…

    hi elisa. sorry to hear about your grandpa. i'll keep you all in my prayers. have a safe trip. (and that's so sweet of mike to make you a cd - any belle and sebastian on there?) take care.

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    Oh, Elisa. I hope that you're doing alright and that your trip was safe. My thoughts are with you and your family. Good Grandpas ard diamonds in the rough...how lucky you are to be able to spend some time with him.

    Not to worry, Yucatan Tacos will be here to comfort you when you return ;)

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    I'm so sorry about your G'pa - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. In the years to come, you will be so happy to have such a lovely picture of the two of you together. Mike seems like a pretty thoughtful guy too, music is a special gift.

    Kind thoughts and prayers,
    Jackie

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We miss you out here in blog-land, and hope you and your family are doing well.

    Natalie

     
  • At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandfather. I really hope you are able to spend time with him, and I hope your time with your family will be what you, and they, need it to be. I can't think of a better way to say it than that. My thoughts are with you. -Mandy (Yarnageddon)

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger mayflwr said…

    *wiggling fingers sending happy karma your way* ;)

    many e-hugs from blogland

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines