Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

This May Be The Start of Something

Or, I like mittens!

I've been ridiculously inspired by my fellow knitbloggers, and I don't think I'm the only one. If you go to Lauren's blog today, aside from her usual fabulousness, you can check out links to a bunch of great FOs; if you go to Boogie's blog, aside from her usual fabulousness, you can link to a post from Norma which I think all knitbloggers, oh hell, all bloggers, should read.

That being said - have you met Stitchy McYarnpants? If you haven't, go. Now. I mean it. Please. Oh lord, I'm begging you...And, if you don't want to let me down so close to my birthday, you WILL click on the picture of dear old Santa.

Are you back? Don't you feel better? If you were already feeling good, don't you feel terrific now? Mmm...I thought so.

I was going to talk about my mittens, though. Okay, my mitten:


(Mike's mitten with my grandparents smooching in the background)

I'm using US 8 bamboo dpns for this, and...it's fun! Woot! The Rowan Plaid is really lovely to work with. I am glad I am using the bamboo for my first adventure in dpns, though. I think it is making the whole process much less slippery.

A girlfriend of mine, who was at the same wedding as me and Mike sent some digital pictures today, and I thought I'd share a couple with you...


The engagement picture of the newlyweds, framed by the best wishes of those who love them.


Your own extra fancy dirty girl, and her very cute boyfriend.

Happy Knitting!

Countdown to *30th* birthday: 10 days!!!

Um, remind me to tell you about Caroline and the palm trees, okay? It's relevant to my birthday, if not to anything else...

And I want to say that the daily inspiration I receive from my fellow knitbloggers is awesome. Not only are you tremendously talented people, but you are kind as well. The kindness and thoughtfulness that people show online inspires me to be kinder and more thoughtful both online and off. So...thank you.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:16 AM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Ok, I know your B-day is in 10 days, but just to be sure is it on the 2nd? I want to make sure I'm counting correctly. :-)

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Stitchy McYarnpants said…

    Hey, thanks for the shout-out! I'm glad you enjoyed Dot's work. I'm not sure, but I think she can be commissioned for custom projects. It is almost your birthday . . .

    Debbie

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Knittens said…

    I get the 2nd as well.

    That link you had was great! thanks for posting it! Also, glad you are doing a mitten. let me know how it works out. i will tackle one someday.

    love the pictures! you and bf are so so cute!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    You are such a doll! :) Thanks for all the kind words on my blog this morning, and for the special mention on yours. I think I love you! :P

    I love these mittens, they are gorgeous, and I am jealous, because I want to knit some... but I have this fear of DPNs... maybe I will overcome it some day soon.

    You and your boyfriend are so cute together! :) Someone is having a birthday soon! YIPPEE!

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Elisa! Thanks for the sweet comments and the link. THANKS for introducing me to Stitchy Yarnpants. She is a hoot. Geesh, this blogreading thing is going to become a full-time job with all the good material out there. Come see me again, y'hear?

    Norma (http://nownormaknits2.typepad.com)

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger um said…

    hi there! good luck with your mittens. i haven't tried them yet, so i'll enjoy the experience vicariously through you! i like your blog! :)

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger mayflwr said…

    mittens! i should knit some soon..

    ooh 10 days til 30! that's exciting! I've always thought that the best years to be a gal is in the upper 20s and early 30s...unfortunately I'm stuck in the early 20s..=/ hehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines