Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Sunday Evening Blues

And one FO.

Well, it is Sunday evening once more, and I'll be honest, I'm really not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. There's a lot more that I could say about that, but since this is supposed to be my knitting blog, I'll restrain myself, and just say that I really wish tomorrow was Friday. Or at least Wednesday...

I did finish the wedding afghan, and thought I'd share a couple of pictures of it with you.

This is a fairly clear photo of the afghan:



This photo is a better representation of the colors (of the afghan, my couch, and my wall!):



I have to admit that somehow I managed to be surprised by this afghan when it was off the needles. I mean, it's really wide. Like crazy wide - but it is soft and pretty, and in the end, I just hope the bride and groom like it.

I joined the shoulder seams on the Cowl Sweater this morning, but now it must be blocked before anything else can be done. Without some serious blocking, there's just no way that the sleeves will fit in the armholes. I hope to get to this soon, but I've reached the point in my relationship with the sweater where being with it just makes me a little sad. I'm past blaming it, I've accepted my culpability for all of its boo-boos, I know it's me, not the sweater, but for right now, well, I'd just like to knit a pair of socks, okay?

I've watched a fair amount of football today (woot!) and drank a fair amount of beer (woot! woot!) and Mike and I made a great dinner - scallops, crab meat, artichoke hearts, freshly grated parmesan, and breadcrumbs, baked in a casserole dish and then put in tortillas with some lettuce, tomato, and red onion, so I have to say it's been a pretty good day. Minus the Cowl Sweater sadness. Plus the Wedding Afghan FO happiness.

It's all a balancing act, isn't it?

Have I mentioned I'll be 30 in less than 3 weeks? Do you think this could have anything to do with my general funk?

Thanks, as always, for the great comments - Christina, thanks for the compliment on my table - I LOVE it, and don't have nearly enough reasons to show it to people. If ever you're in Boston, you should come for dinner. :)

Lauren, I think you're right, a little time apart from the sweater is probably in order. ;)

And Hi Secret Pal *waves* - I didn't think you'd forgotten about me, but your comment really made me laugh. See's has an online store - but I think their physical stores are all West Coast. Mike and I have made some wonderful Japanese friends who have introduced us to about EVERY kind of Pocky there is. There's a TON in my fridge right now (thanks Nao!)

And no worries about misspelling my name. With a name like Elisa, I'll pretty much answer to anything at this point. I don't take it personally!

I hope you all have a terrific week - happy knitting all!





7 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your house looks a bit like my house! My family room has a red couch and dark sagey-green walls too! The Longaberger plaid placemats that tend to be in my knitting photos on my blog were the inspiration for our color scheme in that room.

    Natalie

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohhh. How lovely! It looks sooooft.
    *waves back*

    -Secret Pal

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    The afghan looks great. I love your couch, too.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Nice afghan~did you use a pattern, or go free-form? I might have to make one of those soon... my sister will probably be engaged any minute (ahhh!)

    Have a great week, Elisa! :)

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Knittens said…

    The afghan is great! I would have been beside myself if I recieved a gift like that! It is going to get a lot of use!

    Im so excited about KRSPII! Its the first one I'm doing, I can't wait!

    I must say, i love football and beer (though I tend to take the root beer route for undisclosed reasons!), and that dinner sounds phenomonal. I'm actually thinking of making it this weekend - though DH doesnt like scallops because i under cooked them once and now he doesnt trust me. oh well, more for me :)

    I hope your week is on the upswing. Dont dismay over cowl. some relationships were just never meant to be. its not you or cowl, just the combo. you will find love again, there are many patterns in the sea... er... fish...

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Elisa said…

    Natalie, it's wonderful to meet someone else with such great decorating style (I have to admit, I didn't choose the color of the walls, but I love 'em!).

    SP - You're just too cute. :)

    Lisa, thanks for the compliment on the afghan, I really appreciate it!

    Lauren, the pattern for the afghan is from the "Simple Knits for Sophisticated Living" book. There's a felted bag that I really want to do, too.

    Meg - I highly recommend attempting the scallops again. Buy the small ones. It makes a world of difference. :) And I just got the new Patternworks catalog, so I'm already realizing just how many other patterns, erm, fish, there are in the sea!

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Amie said…

    Hi, Elisa! GB is a former army guy who's now an explosive expert for the government. 19 guys in the country do what he does, so it's not exactly something he could transfer from. Plus, you can't beat the job security (if he leaves, it's his choice - he'll never get fired) and the money isn't shabby. He loves it usually, but with election year, he's been travelling four times as much as usual... It means extra money for overtime, but I'd rather have the man than the gifts he can buy me...

    Well, I'd rather have both... ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines