Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Monday, September 20, 2004

Short and Sweet

I feel like I had quite a busy weekend, unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of knitting time. Or, if I am being completely honest, I didn't make a lot of time for knitting.

I'm just not thrilled about any of the projects I have going on. I need to get working on my caps for kids, but I had to give up on the Spinnerin Wool. It was SO scratchy, it felt like knitting with cotton candy that has gotten warm and sticky. Not fun at all. I kept thinking that I would NEVER use that yarn for a gift for someone I knew, how could I possibly give it to a child knowing that it might be their ONLY hat??? The answer - I couldn't. So, I'll move on to the Noro, and hope that helps.

It sounds like everyone had a good time at the DC Knit Out - the weather was certainly gorgeous for it. I'm glad that you had terrific weather, and of course, fabulous company (I am linking to one Lauren's post from yesterday with a great group pic)!

Mike and I went to a wedding for a friend of ours on Saturday, and even though the rain kept the wedding indoors rather than in the rose garden where it was originally supposed to be, it was just a beautiful day. I told Jess she looked like an advertisement for EVERYTHING, she was so gorgeous. The groom wasn't half bad himself, of course...

Just a couple of pictures for you:


This picture was taken while Jess and Chris were exchanging their vows


This was taken right before their first dance.

The wedding and reception was at The Commons, in Topsfield, Ma., and it was absolutely stunning.

Thank you as always for your wonderful comments - I am always SO excited to hear from you!

Have a great week!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger rmacapobre said…

    ils sont mignon (esp. chris) ^_^

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger um said…

    it's a shame about the spinnerin wool - it looks so pretty! good luck with all of your caps!

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Elisa Darling! The wedding pics look like it was very nice... I have not been to many weddings...only my own and one other persons! I wish more of my friends got married. I guess they all will one day soon.

    Good luck with the Noro! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines