Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Secret Pal III Answers

I got a great ecard from my Secret Pal today, and she asked me to answer the SP III questions, so here they are. I've got a wonky head this morning due to the vestiges of a nasty headache, so I apologize if my answers aren't as witty as I'd like. :)

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)?
Not really. I am obsessed with how things feel – so if it feels like it will be nice next to my skin, then I’ll use it.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I’m interested in both, but I haven’t done either. Crocheting patterns make me a little afraid.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Smoke bothers me, but I’m not allergic to anything else that I know of.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I’ve been knitting fanatically since May 2004, although I did start a scarf when I was 15. It was for my boyfriend, and my step-mom’s mother taught me how to cast on and do the knit stitch. Of course, she left before she could show me how to bind off…and so the scarf ended up a length that would have made Dr. Who proud. Finally, the boyfriend and I broke up, and I was able to give up the scarf.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do – but it hasn’t been updated. I’ll put up a link to it when I get off my lazy butt and update it.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Right now I am obsessed with orange/citrusy fragrances. I wear Jo Malone’s Orange Blossom Cologne. Absolutely heavenly.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Give me the dark chocolate and no one gets hurt. No, I mean it - hand it over.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Oh boy – I make picture frames, photo albums, I sew, do cross-stitch, make beaded jewelry (using silk cord and pearl knotting, plus I do a little bit of metal work), I paint glass (plates, wineglasses), and of course I KNIT!!!

Also, I write poetry, and I have had a few features in the area. I'd say my biggest influences are probably Leonard Cohen, ee cummings, TS Eliot, William Carlos Williams, and Erica Jong.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?
I love Will Oldham (in all his many endeavors), the Cure, Beth Orton, Modest Mouse, Elliott Smith, Jeff Buckley, Fleetwood Mac, Tori Amos, and yep – my computer and my car play MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
Black is probably my favorite color based upon the sheer amount of it in my wardrobe – but I LOVE color – pinks, reds, greens, browns. I'm a mad accessorizer!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my lovely boyfriend. We don’t have any pets because he is terribly allergic to cats and we don’t have the space for a dog yet. There is a pug or Boston terrier in my future. His name will be Henry Augustus. Or her name will be Esther.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To be happy and healthy. If I could get a book of poetry published, that’d be pretty awesome, too.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Anything that feels wonderful. I really do love the Brown Sheep Company Lamb’s Pride Worsted.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Whatever I wouldn’t like to have next to my skin.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Bags, bags, bags. I made the Zeebys Bag, and I can’t wait to do the French Market Bag.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Bags, bags, bags!

17. What are you knitting right now?
I am knitting a sweater for my girlfriend, a pinkerchief from the SnB book, two throws, and a dishcloth.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I like the idea of a square rather than pointy poncho. I really want to do a shawl though.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circs. Did you see my picture of my 20mm Addi Turbos! They are ginormous! LOL.

20. How did you learn to knit?
This last time? From the internet. Thank god for the internet!

21. How old is your oldest UFO?
Probably about 6 weeks. Not too bad, hmm?

Oh, and something else about me that is good to know - I am crazy for organization and anything that helps me organize. When I get stressed, I organize. My linen closet is a haven of serentiy, my closet organized by item, weight, and then color. :)

In knitting news - I decided to knit a throw for my girlfriend's wedding. This isn't a bad idea, it's just that the wedding is in two weeks. So, I'll post pictures of the WIP later today or tomorrow, but I will be captive to my insanity for the next couple of weeks, I think.

Happy Long Weekend Everyone!

Thanks again for the ecard, Secret Pal!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm on excellent terms with the Container Store, Organize Everything, and Walmart Container aisle. It seems that I love to buy things to organize but actual organization escapes me. Yes, plastic is a WONDERFUL invention. I'd show you my desk but I think you'd faint. My my. I gotta go clean. This is worse than usual.

    And say, do you have a favorite brand of chocolate? Different brands taste so ... different! Do you like the extra bitter dark chocolates? Do you "mmmmmm" (I think you know what I mean) for a American, French, or Swiss dark chocolates? If you like Illy, I'm guessing you love the european style dark chocolates which have a higher cocoa content. Most Hershey raised folks can't stand the slightly bitter aftertaste. As for myself, I would fly to Belgium for the extra extra dark chocolate bars they don't sell in the US.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines