Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Mmm...my kind of evening

Or, trying to do five things at once.

What am I trying to do?

Eat a sandwich,
write a blog entry,
plan a stash organization,
plan a stash database,
and drink a beer.

And I have to tell you that I am VERY happy doing these things.

Do you know what happens when I pull out all my stash and my organizational tubbies and containers and sit in my sweat bottoms and pink Bonnie Prince Billy t-shirt while Mike is in Frederick, MD, on a business trip?

I sing.

I make up songs about stash and organization.

I look in the mirror, I think about the skein of Rowan Plaid I just bought to make Mike mittens, and I get a big, stupid grin on my face, wave my hands in the air, and exclaim "MITTENS!!!".

This morning I read Heather's blog, and she talked about her recent experience at AC Moore. So, this evening I went to my local AC Moore (I didn't know I had a local AC Moore), and I bought this:



Included in this wonderful haul were two pairs of circular needles, three pairs of dpns, and five skeins of this great cashmere/merino wool blend (ROTFL like a crazy, stash-addled lunatic).

If you thought my adventures ended there, well, you'd be a teensy-weensy bit premature...I started off my evening at Circles, A Knitting Salon in Jamaica Plain, Ma.


This is the sweet little bag that came home with me


This is what was IN the sweet little bag

But, do you think that's all I did today? Oh no. I bought a copy of Debbie Bliss' "Baby Knits for Beginners" and for my wonderful, lovely, terrific boyfriend, I bought the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD. And I'm talking about the good trilogy - not the crappy new movies.

If you are wondering what I am planning to do with my newly acquired little skeins of fabulousness, I am planning a few baby hats, a pair of mittens, the French Market Bag from Knitty, and a hat for Mike. Oh boy - I've got to get organizing so I can get swatching!

Countdown to 30th birthday: 11 days!

I hope you are having a terrific week!

8 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so jealous. I read her post the other day and wished we had an AC Moore here! I want some of that cashmere blend yarn!

    Natalie

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Stitchy McYarnpants said…

    Sounds like the best day ever! I love coming home from a shopping frenzy and unloading the day's treasures. It makes you feel like a pirate just back from a really good plundering! Yaargh!

    I can't wait to see how the Rowan Plaid knits up!

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger mayflwr said…

    wow...SCORE!

    what lovely 'enhancements'!!

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Amy Boogie said…

    wow, now that sounds like my kind of day.
    I want an AC Moore. Maybe I have one too and just don't know about it.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger um said…

    oooh, you got lamb's pride worsted? i love that stuff. the texture of that yarn is so random and natural. and what a coincidence - my husband, mike, was just in columbia, md on business - got home last night. enjoy your stash additions!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Elisa! You got some amazing stuff! :) I have to get over to AC Moore--I have no excuse not to go now that I know that they have all this amazing stuff... wow, I love the stuff you got at Circles too! I am so excited for you!

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My eyes spy lots of black, pink, light blue, and some sea green. That's going to be an AWESOME French market bag! 11 days until your birthday you say? Does that mean it is on October 3rd?

    I, too, am a bit bag nutty and am really looking forward to ohh... 3/4 books that have promising patterns! October is going to be a GREAT month.

    A small envelope is on the way and should get there around Sat.

    -Secret Pal

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Elisa said…

    Thanks for the stash-support. I've started the Rowan Plaid, and can't wait to get to the Brown Sheep Co. yarn.

    Natalie - I thought of a GREAT entry for your contest - after the deadline, of course. :0

    Boogie - I just looked at the AC Moore store locater, and there's an AC Moore in Portland, ME. No idea if that's close to you - but maybe you DO have a local AC Moore!

    Michelle - it's a really, really small world. Lauren is in Columbia, and Meg is in Frederick. Never had ANY MD connections, and now Mike's on a business trip, and we're going together next week. Strange and cool...

    Lauren, lovie, anytime you are anywhere near Boston, I'll take you to all the cool LYS'. :)

    Hi Secret Pal!!! I'm *SO* excited!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines