Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Monday, September 27, 2004

If I Were Yarn, I'd Marry Some Noro Silk Garden

May I introduce you to The First Cap For Kids Hat That Makes Me Happy FO?



ROTFL like a big nosed, Noro crazed idiot...


It's really a pretty hat, and I'm very happy with it. I'll take it to work tomorrow and drop off my FIRST donation to the Caps for Kids program.

Sigh...I'm feeling the rush of satisfaction that comes with tackling and finishing smaller projects, as opposed to the sense of inadequacy that comes with trying to seam stupid sleeves into stupid armholes and knowing that there is JUST NO WAY they are going to fit. No, I'm not bitter. I am in a transcendent state of Noro bliss.

I have two, no three, goals for this week:

Buy some Noro Silk Garden to make the Very Harlot Poncho,
Make the Very Harlot Poncho by Saturday, when Mike takes me to Corks in Baltimore for my 30th birthday dinner.

Didn't I just say I liked small projects? Oh well, we all knew it wouldn't last.

Thank you very much for supporting me in embracing the mitten's semi-wonkiness. I hope you all have a terrific week!

Oh, and Amie? I'm on my way to kick AC's butt. ;)

7 Comments:

  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Elisa darling! That hat is great and so are you! :)

    Kicking AC's butt? I have GOT to see this!

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    very cute hat. i love silk garden too!
    froggyknits.com

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Amie said…

    Please do! The line forms to the left!

    Just be careful, because I know where that butt has been (in great detail)...

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger mayflwr said…

    oh i'm so lusting after silk garden...maybe I'll just break down and order some. The hat is very cute!

     
  • At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love those colors! A most excellent hat. And a harlot poncho in the works! Wow, you're going to be knitting like crazy for the next few days :)

    *Secret pal sends some happy pre-birthday wishes*

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Knittens said…

    The hat is gorgeous! I want to try noro silk garden! but i must control myself and finish the 20 other projects i have planned first :(

    its calling my name.

    I cant wait to see the poncho. Ive decided to use that pattern for my moms poncho too. I hope it turns out great!

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Elisa said…

    Thanks for your kind words about the hat. I was really happy with it and the pattern is great. I've just started on a red cotton version of the hat, but it's on the back burner until the crazy poncho is done. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines