Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Thursday, September 09, 2004

I May Have Just Had Cake For Dinner

But, I'll let you know. Maybe I haven't had dinner yet at all. Maybe cake was a late lunch. Maybe cake was not really eaten by yours truly at all. Maybe I ate carrot sticks instead. Um, right.

Thanks for the lovely comments about the afghan and the not-so-bad sweater. Nancy - it's probably a good thing I don't live in near proximity to a See's store anymore (well, the See's does open up a little center-of the mall kiosks at the Natick Mall between Thanksgiving and Christmas) because otherwise, the title of this post might be "I just ate a pound of bordeaux for dinner, and now I'm a rolly poly fatty pants". Sigh. Reason #2 why living in Boston is good.

You see, I'm feeling a little under the weather, I have to frog some of the front and back of the cowl sweater (you do notice that I am not cursing the sweater, right? Right?), and I really, really, really need to work on the wedding afghan. But, in case you don't know, it's terribly hot and humid in Boston, and my wedding dog, I mean, afghan, is really hot, and oh crap - Elisa, stop whining! Jeez. Sometimes I am such a baby-pants. Okay. I'm done. Everything is lovely, really.

I do need to do some frogging on the cowl sweater, and I will need your advice. When I figure out what questions I need to ask, I'll be back.

Happy Thursday all...

Oh, and dear Lauren - I feel mighty honored that someone who got such primo blog attention by the Yarn Harlot leaves comments for me here...I feel fabulous by association! :) Take lots of pictures of that yarn when you get it!


5 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Silly Elisa! :) I am not famous... and even if I was, I knew you before I became famous! I cannot believe how much attention my little blog got yesterday!

    I am sorry you are under the weather! You know what? Work on what you want to work on... remember that you do not have to give them the wedding afghan on the wedding day. I think there is something about wedding gifts can be sent up to a year later~ so you have PLENTY of time :) I always rationalize everything...

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Nancy said…

    OMG - the bordeaux are my favorite!!! My hubby got me a one pound box for Xmas last year. I'm hoping it becomes an annual tradition. :-)

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Amie said…

    Oh, I'm sure my AC's question wouldn't have bothered someone else. I find the question irritating from anyone, not just him, but yeah, he puts me more on edge than most people do. I don't dislike him in that I don't think he's a bad person. We are just VERY different, and he tries too hard to make me into someone else, asking if I'll do a radio show with him, expecting me to find him as charming as his SO must. He's just ick. But yes, very valid point from you.

    And I hope you got cake and not carrots. One of us should be happy with food!

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    C'mon now. Anybody who eats cake for dinner is pretty primo in my books. Feel fabulous in your own right. Good luck on the ripping. I hate ripping.

    Stephanie
    (Yarn Harlot)

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Elisa said…

    Lauren - your blog deserves all the attention it's getting!

    Nancy - the bordeaux just kill me. My girlfriend sent me a 1 lb box of the dark chocolate bordeaux as a thank you gift after she stayed with me and Mike in Boston last year...Mike didn't believe in the power of the bordeaux before, but he does now!

    I really SHOULD have been eating carot sticks though. If only I could walk and knit. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines