Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Woot!

So, I just finished my gauge swatch for the "cowl" sweater in the Stitch N Bitch book. A girlfriend of mine said that she liked the sweater, and so I am making it for her for Christmas. Since I've already asked her what color is her favorite - we both know it won't be a surprise. Anyway, this is my first sweater, and although I'm nervous about it - increasing, decreasing, using double pointed needles, sleeves, shoulders, oh my - I am more excited than anything. At work today, I spent A LOT of time thinking about going out and buying the yarn...

Speaking of buying the yarn - I went to Circles -A Knitting Salon, in Jamaica Plain tonight to pick up the Lamb's Pride Worsted for my friend's sweater - and what a wonderful store it is! Alison, the owner, was wonderful, and there was a great atmosphere and a great mix of people. I hope I can get to one of her knitting circles or classes soon...

Once I have given a few of my FOs as gifts, I'll be able to post some more pictures...I REALLY need to get some things into the mail this weekend!

Off to CO my sweater!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, I don't know if the alternating colours is automatic or your choice, but I couldn't read this entry on my moniter.

    I'm having my own issues with digicams. The one I use REALLY doesn't like me!!

    Barbara

    http://sermomknits.blog-city.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines