Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Sunday, August 29, 2004

My Bad, Bad, Bad Sweater

Do you remember, that earlier in the month, I posted a picture of the first sleeve of the cowl sweater? Well, here's a new picture of the same sleeve:



Sigh. That's right - today I got to the BO of the final 11 stitches, only to discover that I had 13 stitches still on the needles. I made the sleeve the size larger than I've made the front and back of the sweater. The beer in the photo should tell you everything ELSE you need to know about the whole process...Actually, it's not that bad - I made a mistake, and I won't make the same mistake again, but boy, the beer is good.

Lovely BF and I went to a cookout yesterday down in Plymouth, Ma., where this lovely dragonfly decided to spend some time with me:



We had a lovely afternoon today down in North Scituate, RI, with some new friends of ours, and got to enjoy their lovely hospitality and see their beautiful home and land.

Since it is still relatively early, I am going to spend a little time with the sleeve of the cowl sweater, and try and iron out any misunderstandings that it might be feeling by my calling it a bad, bad, bad sweater.

I wish you all a wonderful, speedy week! Any exciting Labor Day plans out there?

5 Comments:

  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Hmmmm . . . blaming it all on the beer, huh! ;-)

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wish you could have been there also! It's great to have knit buddies. Where do you get those works in progress pictures that you put the % of what you have done? I would like to put those on my blog. Thanks!! :-)

    Eilene
    http://eiknit.typepad.com

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Knittens said…

    Hey Hun!

    Sorry about the sweater. What an adventure though. All the mistakes like that that I have made (and that I am still making) crack me up. I get such a kick out of them... not at the time of course... once they have time to settle!

    Glad you had a great weekend! Labor day my DH and I are heading to Virginia to BBQ and swim with some friends. I wanted to attend the KnitKnite in the area, but I can't pass up a good BBQ!

    Have a nice week! Good luck with that sleeve!

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Hi Elisa!

    If you are ever in the DC area, let me know, I would love to meet you and knit! :) I love the pic with the dragonfly... they are so pretty! I call my car Dragonfly, yet it looks nothing like one... anyway, I digress. Good luck on your sleeve. I have bad luck with sleeves, they always take me forever! I am sure you will fare better. :)

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Elisa said…

    I wouldn't say the beer was responsible for my sweater boo-boo, I'd say it was the response. ;)

    EI - I will send you the link to my progress bars later this morning (I have to find the link first, of course).

    Meg - it sounds like a great weekend, and I am certain you'll be able to get to a KnitKnite soon! I just love swimming and BBQ'ing.

    Lauren - you can bet if I'm in DC I'll definitely want to meet up with you for some fun, fabulous knitting (I really want to go to the place you were at last weekend! What fun!).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines