Concateknit

v. to knit or purl in a series...

Monday, August 09, 2004

Ack! It's Monday the 9th!!!

So, I'd like to tell you what I've done today -

I woke up at 5:30am, when lovely boyfriend's alarm went off (which is half an hour earlier than usual, but he had to go to the airport for a business trip today), I got up at my usual time of 6:00am, made myself clean, saw lovely boyfriend out the door, took 3 buses to work (I usually only have to take 2, but lovely boyfriend couldn't drop me off at the T, and the last time I drove I ended up with a parking ticket), got coffee and a bagel, went to my office, had an allergic reaction (maybe to the rats - or the mice - or the cockroaches - or the dust???), read most of the May 2004 archives of the Yarn Harlot (I will read the entire thing through from the beginning!), told my two best girlfriends to look at my blog, to which they replied "Hey, it's cool - but what the h*ll is a blog?", sent a birthday package to one of above-mentioned best friends (FOs will be posted soon!), took my lunch at 2:30pm, took 1 shuttle, 1 train, and 1 bus home, put laundry in the washer, went to the grocery store, came home and unloaded the groceries, put the laundry in the dryer, made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that sat uneaten for half an hour while I chatted with lovely boyfriend who had just successfully navigated himself into South Philly for a Philly cheesesteak, ate my poor peanut butter and jelly sandwich (which I made because I couldn't face the complexities of soup from a can, just add milk), got excited because football was on (wahoo football!), started to reconcile my bank accounts (please see main entry for Sunday, August 8th), and realized that there was an UNAUTHORIZED charge for $102.10! $^!@#0@!$ I suppose I should mention that my ATM card was stolen last month, and some sneaky bastard charged $50, but I thought I had nipped it in the bud at that one charge - I cancelled my card, reported it stolen, filled out the affadavit and submitted it to The Bank, and breathed a sigh of relief when The Bank sent me a note telling me that they did not, in fact, think that I had stolen the money from myself, but actually believed that someone else had used my card. So, with trepidation, I called The Bank and told them that another charge snuck in there with the first that neither I nor The Bank caught. So, now I have to do the affadavit thing once more, and pray, pray, pray that they still think I am an honest, law-abiding citizen. Sigh...After getting off the phone with the bank, I bullied my cable company into crediting me $21 because my cable was out last month for 5 days until they replaced our cable box. This made me feel marginally more in control of my life, although I was somewhat defensive with the customer service person - probably because I was afraid they thought that I was lying about not having cable. Oh, and I did dishes, got the coffee ready for the morning, folded the laundry and put it away, spoke to lovely boyfriend (and didn't get screechy about the $100), made my face clean, and now, am mercifully, having a BEER.

But, do you see what's missing here?

Do you see what I haven't done today?

I have not, I repeat not, knit a single stitch.

I have THOUGHT about knitting. In fact, every time I got a little stressed at work, I made some poor, innocent non-knitter on my floor feel my Lamb's Pride worsted in Spice and tell me how nice if feels. You see, I brought it to work, along with my Addi Turbo Circulars US #11 - ready to CO for the front of the cowl sweater, but I have not knit a single stitch!

Grrr...so, I'm supposed to be scared about Friday the 13th? Ha! I'm much more worried about Monday the 9th. Next Monday the 9th, I'm staying home. And knitting. And drinking beer. In my pajamas.

I did buy some wooden purse handles and 4 skeins of 100% cotton in Peppermint on Saturday. That's nice, isn't it?

PS - I just squashed a bug on my laptop screen. Sometimes I am not a smart monkey. There are squashy bug guts on my monitor to forever remind me of this day.



1 Comments:

  • At 3:02 AM, Blogger caramelknits said…

    Just jumped over here from KR. Your blog is looking great and looks strangely familiar... ;)

    Hope you get to knit a little tomorrow!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home






Subscribe with Bloglines